Fly Fusion Forums

Comments On The Mascot Fly Thread

Flytyer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yayyy. a place to put my fly spam. eww, that doesnt sound very tasty does it.

Pattern #2 scares me

Hook: Mustad 94840 #14

Thread: Light Olive

Tail: Pale green antron

Middle section of body: Fluorescent Pink Floss (middle 1/3)

Body: light olive ice dubbing. Dubbed lightly over hotspot

Mid-wing: bleached deer hair wing tied over mid point

Hackle (rear): under sized light blue dun tied in at tail and palmered over body to the mid-wing

Front hackles: one each grizzly and cinnamon

Front Wing: White and Dun CDC tied caddis style over hackle

i'm still trying to picture the wings crossed with the hackle. i need a better imagination for this one. how strange

That's funny...

A suggestion... each participant could send a pm to the person they pass it on too. It might help to keep the flow moving along, as some folks may not check in on the tying threads everyday.

That's has been done and was sometimes ignored.....I think this way it guarantees a decent flow

yayyy. a place to put my fly spam. eww, that doesnt sound very tasty does it.

Pattern #2 scares me

Hook: Mustad 94840 #14

Thread: Light Olive

Tail: Pale green antron

Middle section of body: Fluorescent Pink Floss (middle 1/3)

Body: light olive ice dubbing. Dubbed lightly over hotspot

Mid-wing: bleached deer hair wing tied over mid point

Hackle (rear): under sized light blue dun tied in at tail and palmered over body to the mid-wing

Front hackles: one each grizzly and cinnamon

Front Wing: White and Dun CDC tied caddis style over hackle

i'm still trying to picture the wings crossed with the hackle. i need a better imagination for this one. how strange

It seems like alot of material for size 14 and a middle wing to boot of deer hair......this fly should a playing offensive or defensive lineman in football :lol:

2 strands of deer hair per wing should give more space. lol

no cinnimon hackle. i have ginger or furnace hackle. is that close enough?

what i dont have is the antron :( i might have light green poly kicking around though

btw, if anyone cares. i'm away come saturday morning until sunday night with no computer access.

Guest bigbadbrent
sorry flytyer...i know i kinda messed the order of the tying steps up...was just about to pick someone other than bhurt but you beat me to it!

Just as much my fault (if not more)..i have no clue the order to tie a steely fly haha

Just as much my fault (if not more)..i have no clue the order to tie a steely fly haha

One of several reasons why I started this .......to get some to try something different......never know you might find something useable on you standard tying to make it more effective

Hey all,

I know this is going to sound lame, but I don't have the foggiest idea what the next step of a tie is, what my options are, and what a steelie fly even looks like.

I don't mind participating, in fact it would be fun, but where can I do a bit of quick research as to what my options are?

Hey all,

I know this is going to sound lame, but I don't have the foggiest idea what the next step of a tie is, what my options are, and what a steelie fly even looks like.

I don't mind participating, in fact it would be fun, but where can I do a bit of quick research as to what my options are?

Rick I see you found something to add....you did just fine

Rick I see you found something to add....you did just fine

Thanks, but it may be fatter than what I had in my head. Actually, there is a saltwater trout lure that has similar colors and if any of these actually get tied, I'll bring a couple down this summer and give 'em a roll!