Fly Fusion Forums

Anchor Rope Tangles

I am about to upgrade the bow anchor mount on my boat. I recently added a pulley to the cheap set up currently on my jon bow. It helps a lot to raise and lower the 30 lb pyramid anchor. I did find the other day while anchored at a deeper whole the other day the anchor rope got fairly tangled. Any suggestions how to fix or avoid this? Thanks Paul

Your anchors are probably twisting as they are being let out or brought in. Is there anyway you can put an industrial (nickle plated) swivel into your systems?! Might reduce the rope twist and therefore the tangles.

P

I know places like Home Depot have industrial caribiners that have a swivel attached... never been to Princess Auto so I couldn't say...

Great suggestion Pete. Any idea where I would get one? (Princess Auto) or otherwise?

Your anchors are probably twisting as they are being let out or brought in. Is there anyway you can put an industrial (nickle plated) swivel into your systems?! Might reduce the rope twist and therefore the tangles.

P

My anchor rope kept twisting up on me as well, I added a real nice harken pully from glenmore sailboats, larger diameter pully & has a stainless swivel on the end where the anchor goes.

This helped lift up easier but rope kept twisting up...

Back to GS & upgraded rope , can't remember name right now, white premium quality , little bigger diameter & never a twist since.

• Like 1