Fly Fusion Forums

Flood Warning Your Thoughts

Have to agree. Took another look at Policemens this afternoon, and hung out longer then I had planned as I was waiting to have to save this silly lady who decided she had to have a better look... Took her 10 minutes to walk back 100 feet. Was not impressed. The lack of common sense is shocking. Washing cars, watering lawns, slowing to a crawl over the bridges. Surprised we haven't had more reported loss of life...

• Like 3

Always here to help!

Just to be clear, All of the Policemans Flat's pics were tertiary to safety and the actual supply food, water deliveries I was making for

friends who live down there and where stranded. Opportunistic moments... at safely calculated times! If it weren't safely wadeable ... I most certainly wouldn't have been there!

Safety is always paramount to any photo opportunities, under any circumstance!

those who challenge that "theory" .... we'll ... that's where Darwin introduces himself!

Thanks for bringing it up, as I forgot to add a note like such.... so darn involved figuring out how to add photo's on here...

Always here to help!

Just to be clear, All of the Policemans Flat's pics were tertiary to safety and the actual supply food, water deliveries I was making for

friends who live down there and where stranded. Opportunistic moments... at safely calculated times! If it weren't safely wadeable ... I most certainly wouldn't have been there!

Safety is always paramount to any photo opportunities, under any circumstance!

those who challenge that "theory" .... we'll ... that's where Darwin introduces himself!

Thanks for bringing it up, as I forgot to add a note like such.... so darn involved figuring out how to add photo's on here...

oh i understand down there if I went to look at the river thats where I would go. To stop on the side of deerfoot just to take a picture of the river is just asking for death.

Thinking about fishing from my roof... Anyone had any luck? Probably targeting a ford or Chevy...;) hopefully everyone is safe and sound. I sure hope the fishing gets better In te next few years, maybe this is a blessing in disguise!!

I might have thought up a bright side to this flooding.

The section on east side of Bow north of Deerfoot trail at the south end below Cranston is getting developed for houses coming close to the river. This would ruin an otherwise pristine part of the river. l bet that is all underwater now. Would they be stupid enough to continue that development after this, I hope not. But if they do, somebody will still buy them so it seems.

thank you for posting pics. I haven't been down yet to see for myself. But I would never stop on deer foot and take pictures of the river. Just asking for trouble. Use your heads and please don't cause another emergency from your stupidity. Know to many people in first responders that would have to deal with your mistake for just taking pictures.

Had to be there,everyone was doing 40 with lots of people stopped.Was very easy to pull in and leave.

Just because the radio said it was dangerous..well you know.You'd had a harder time getting out of Chinook mall on a Sunday.

Had to be there,everyone was doing 40 with lots of people stopped.Was very easy to pull in and leave.

Just because the radio said it was dangerous..well you know.You'd had a harder time getting out of Chinook mall on a Sunday.

Whatever man if you wanted to stop and take a chance to get killed just to take a picture of the river be my guest. But its a stupid thing to do and I don't believe everyone was doing 40 there.

I think the houses below Cranston may actually be OK. It was hard to see going across the extender bridge, but I think they made it through. The pasture south of the bridge on the east side of the river is now a moving lake however

I drove by that exact spot, both on Friday, once when I was coming home from physio, and once when I had to go rescue my kids who got stranded downtown after sleeping at a friends following Sled Island. They had to walk out and I picked them up on 16 ave.

I would say tungsten is wrong-the traffic was less than 40. It was really very benign (the parking to take pictures, not the river.) I did not stop, but it would have been simple to do so.

We have all been told to stay away. I confess that I have not. I found ways (bike paths mostly) to get to the water without bothering responders. I justified it by telling myself that I would not get anywhere near the bank, and I didn't. But I did look, and I did take pictures. The river plays a huge role in my life, I could not stay away. And I was by no means alone. It may not have been what the city wanted me to do, but there it is. It would be hard for me to criticize others who did the same. Curiosity is one of the things that makes us human. Ignoring it, even when it is in our and others best interest to do so, can be extremely difficult.

• Like 2

Down here in Minnesnowtah our little town just got the power back on after some storms (our house is one of over half a million without juice), so I can drop by here and tell you that I'm thinking about all y'all.

Too roily and muddy to fish around here, too.

I think the houses below Cranston may actually be OK. It was hard to see going across the extender bridge, but I think they made it through. The pasture south of the bridge on the east side of the river is now a moving lake however

Was down there today,all looks OK, too bad.