Fly Fusion Forums

Meeting Board Members

Good to finally meet you and everyone else from the weekend. I've been fly fishing for about 10 years, and haven't met as many people or learned as many new tips and tricks as I have since I've been a member on this board. Looking forward to meeting more of you, and hopefully being able to help out with a few tips and tricks of my own.

Hugs all around. ;)

Don't foregt the annual winter solstice fishing day sked for either Dec 21 or Dec 22. Actual solstice (when the Earth's axis tilts the most away from the Sun) is at 6:08 AM UTC which makes it 11:08 PM on Dec 21 here. So the actual instance of solstice is Dec. 21. BUT Dec 22 is a Saturday so we may opt for a the Saturday.

The past solstice fish ins have been a ton o' fun.

Hell Double D until I met ya in all your sunburnt glory I didn't know you could fish Bullshead with a BAW/Bow River bobber rig :P Just goes to show you that you're never too old to learn sumthing new B) B)

Dr. D,

It is us who should thank you for making this possible for all of us hopeless addicts. Thanks a lot from me to you and everyone else that makes this board what it is for all that you do. I for one really appreciate having this awesome forum to make a community out of & take part in, not to mention all that I learn & the friends I make. Dave, you are my hero. Not Hoer. That's someone else. Don't forget the smoked fish & beer-in that we talked about.

I'm with you Glenbow. Thank you to all the guys who run this site a make it as great as it is. Only wish i could have met more of ya at the clean-up. Only met Toolman and i'll try not to judge the rest of ya by him............Just kidding...... Also thanks to every member on this board who has helped me and made me laugh.

Haven't met many peaple on the river but if they are not on the site i sure let them know about it.

Lastly a special thanks to LK2 who chatted with me on the river and told me about this site. I have made some friends that i think will last a long time.

Hugs all around. ;)

Don't foregt the annual winter solstice fishing day sked for either Dec 21 or Dec 22. Actual solstice (when the Earth's axis tilts the most away from the Sun) is at 6:08 AM UTC which makes it 11:08 PM on Dec 21 here. So the actual instance of solstice is Dec. 21. BUT Dec 22 is a Saturday so we may opt for a the Saturday.

The past solstice fish ins have been a ton o' fun.

Crows nbest again I had to work last year so i hit the 19 lol. If i can make the 22 on the crowsnest im in like Flynn

Regards Mike

this board is great. especially for us who have 18 kids and a 9-5 job, not to mention mortage, car payment, ... you get the picture. I get to learn from others experience and imagine myself out there when I can't be. Not to mention I get to bill time for surfing this site all day. so in a way I make part of my living from fishing! K, i feel a bit better now.

thanks Dave (and admins) for your work on the board. it's been great hanging around. were it not for the board, i wouldn't have learned jack during my time here about fly fishing and i wouldn't bother calling in poachers either (like i did tonight).

you get a big hug next time i see you!

Thanks Dave for starting this site and the Crew that helps you run it.

I think this site is likely responsible for making the people on the Waters in the area act more responsible as well.

It's also nice to see that people seem to know and appreciate what a great resource and advantage a site like this is.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks to Dave and all the moderators. I have no way of calculating how much this site has helped me learn this exhilarating/frustrating sport.

What's even better is the people I've met because of this site. Thanks to all.

Hey LK, shoot me a PM and we'll knit a quilt. Now THATs touchy feely!

Plus Glen is quittin' knitten'....... But he is smitten wit' kittens, and if you feed him wool he will be shitten mittens :rolleyes:

In all fairness I quite like this site as it give me an outlet for the BS fishing stuff that runs through my mind. I haven't met that many people off the site but the ones I have have been as crazy as me which is good.