Fly Fusion Forums

New Country Rehab

I saw these guys last year at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival. Don't exactly know how I would describe them, they started taking traditional country songs (Hank Williams type) and completely reworking them into something completely different, then started writing their own stuff when it all started working. They are playing this Friday at the Ironwood here in Calgary. You can listen to them streaming it on CBC here:

http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/New-Country-Rehab

If you find the first couple of songs a little country for your tastes, try Lost Highway, The Bank and the Army, and Too Many Parties and Too Many Pals. Music is great, lyrics are mostly pretty dark. the last 4 or 5 songs are from their first album.

So I best explain the above post...

Deb and I were at the Folkfest with Rick and his wife and decided to leave at the start of the Avett Bros set, and have never lived it down since!! And Rick reminds me every time he sees me! LoL

Guest Wrecker

^^thanks for that tidbit of totally useless info, why do some of you treat this place as if its your facebook?

I'd say thats part of the reason its a ghost town on this site, to many yappy regulars posting drivel!

Generally a ghost town at this time of year as know one is out there to later post the activites. Quite simple, if one cant stand some of the inside stuff, and extra comment, start a diff thread the orthadox will stick to.No point in loosing sleep over it. So that is it for now from this breathe fart. Back to you Rick--- NEWS FLASH, JUST READ ON MY SPAM REPORT, CLEAROUT ON GENERIC VALIUM, GET IT WHILE IT LASTS.