Fly Fusion Forums

Weird Wifi Router Issues

Yup that's in the works!

Have you tried switching out the shaw modem? Call them and explain the issue you're having and see if they have had any similar complaints. They should just come and replace it for nothing if that's the issue.

try take your apple router and mac to the apple store and see if they can find the issue. The service I have had in the past has been great there. Or try changing on the roouter the user name, password, check if your routers settings are wpa or wep (wpa is better) change channel on router

• 4 weeks later...

Update

So I was able to update the firmware (wasn't able to do this previously with the OS I was running - can't update beyond 10.4), and everything thing seems to be going well! No shut down of the computer and no router reverting to yellow!!

I hope it keeps up!!

e·lec·tro·dy·nam·ics (ibreve.gif-lebreve.gifklprime.giftromacr.gif-dimacr.gif-nabreve.gifmprime.gifibreve.gifks)

n. (used with a sing. verb)
The study of moving electric charges and their interaction with magnetic and electric fields.
For the non-scientific amongst us. Clive always uses bigger words.