Fly Fusion Forums

Bull Trout Still At Risk

Muffin

Used to be another breeding stream for OM bulls, South Racehorse but it got blocked off by a huge log and rock jam in the '05 flood event. Used to catch quite a few juvenile bull trout in the southfork but none the last time I checked. I talked to a government bio who was involved in the area population study but he left me with the distinct impression that I was just talkin' outta my ass.

So be it..****'em

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

back in the day was it in the regs to not kill bulls? From what i think i know, people were killing them left and right so that the cutty fishing would improve as they through the bulls were just eating machines and not part of the bio system (lol). Is this true

This is why some areas containing sensitive populations should be closed to recreation and development.

I've been saying that for years, at the expense of my guiding and personal enjoyment I'd love to see a lot of these overpressured systems shut down or alternate years.

Used to be another breeding stream for OM bulls, South Racehorse but it got blocked off by a huge log and rock jam in the '05 flood event. Used to catch quite a few juvenile bull trout in the southfork but none the last time I checked. I talked to a government bio who was involved in the area population study but he left me with the distinct impression that I was just talkin' outta my ass.

So be it..****'em

Not me...

Unfortunately bull trout face a lot of habitat issues that are going away.