Fly Fusion Forums

Replacing Drifter Anchor Rope

Jayhad

Hey All,

I've never had to change my anchor rope and I think it is pretty straight forward, but I was wondering if any of you have any tips.

Where should I buy the rope, is there a specific rope?

I have an in floor rope system so I was thinking of duct taping the new rope to the old rope and just carefully pulling it through, but I am concerned that the duct tape will get jammed up in the cleats of the floor button.

Tips?

Put a piece of small gauge coated wire right through the existing rope. Pull test it to make sure it's solid. Remove the old rope, pulling the wire through the conduit in the floor. Repeat the process in reverse to pull the new one through the conduit to install.

I just did duct tape and it worked. Best rope I've found is used climbing rope. Can get cheaper than pretty well any other, and is almost indestructible

x2

I used electrical tape to run it through the system.

I picked up the rope from MEC; just take in a small piece of your existing anchor rope to compare for size.

I changed mine out this past summer. Used electrical tape to join the two ends before pulling the new one through. i picked up a rope from CT which had a flemish eye built in. This makes it a nice connection for attaching to the anchor or a shackle when using a pulley.