Fly Fusion Forums

Private Lakes

I had a chance to fish a private lake last year and have decided I would like to sign up for a membership to one. Apparantly the one I fished has about a 20 year waiting list so I'm looking for any others that may have openings for this season or even just a shorter waiting list that is more attainable. Any PM'ed info pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, for the average price of the houses I may as well just buy my own piece of land on the prairie and stock my own pond. It would probably be cheaper. The same size house I own now in Riverbend is about 65-70 grand more in Arbour, and I like my neighbourhood better - rainbows, browns, and pike :) . So there are seriously no openings for memberships anywhere?

I'm surprised that nobody has opted to do a group timeshare on a property or two in the Manitoba Parklands. 10 hr drive. Lots for sale in the area and WAAAAAY cheaper than AB. Just sayin'.

ya dave , i'd be in on that as well , why don't you set something up , i enjoyed my trip and i'll be going back for sure

I'm surprised that nobody has opted to do a group timeshare on a property or two in the Manitoba Parklands. 10 hr drive. Lots for sale in the area and WAAAAAY cheaper than AB. Just sayin'.

I'm listening? i'd very seriously look into this I looked at some housing prices around roblin when I was there this year..... can I just get time share on the shed?

It's an interesting concept for sure. The idea is sound if done with a plan and a group of investors that 'get it'. Lots of options for fly fishers. the only downfall is that you don't want to be the one stuck with a week in early Aug when it's +35C and the fishing sucks. It'd have to be done on a spring fall schedule. Maybe a 16 week season. 8 investors = 2 weeks each? $30 - 40K start up investment for property/present house + whatever the plan is for infrastructure (boats, motors, guest cabins, etc).

I got an email out of the blue from a fellow last summer - Turner something or another - who was going to start a ff lodge/guest cabin with boat rentals but it hasn't panned out as yet I guess. But there is something that could easily be set up with a group of folks that simply want to fly fish and have it open to their group of friends. A week in the spring and a week in the fall is really what you'd want - all set up so all you have to do is drive there and the boats, gear, etc is ready. Keep it to the group and their friends with a useage fee that's reasonable. It could work very, very well.

Not that I've thought about it much. ;)

$30 - 40K? That'll purchase a lot of ramen noodles and gas

That would be on the investor side of a time share - if you think that way. Otherwise, yes, what flavor are your noodles? Something like I'm talking is for ff, but if you want property and to set something up it does take $. Not for everyone though. But it could be done quite well and very reasonably and serve a lot of people & their friends/families who then wouldn't be on the investor side of things but contribute to the maintaining of the investment. I'd put MB in the fall against anywhere for scenery - on a crisp, calm evening (of which there are 6 or 7 each year) :)

That would be on the investor side of a time share - if you think that way. Otherwise, yes, what flavor are your noodles? Something like I'm talking is for ff, but if you want property and to set something up it does take $. Not for everyone though. But it could be done quite well and very reasonably and serve a lot of people & their friends/families who then wouldn't be on the investor side of things but contribute to the maintaining of the investment. I'd put MB in the fall against anywhere for scenery - on a crisp, calm evening (of which there are 6 or 7 each year) :)

I was mostly just messing around. It's a good idea for those who into that sort of thing. Probably not my vibe though.

This is a little more my style.

P7020668.jpg

As for noodle flavour, original is the way to go. But flavour is just a minor consideration. Noodle quality is the most important variable. So it's best not to cheap. Spend the extra $0.30 for the Sapporo Ichiban and leave that Mr. Noodle on the shelf.

Ditto on that set up. Apparently AJ says we did 77 of 89 days in NZ camping in the unit this year. Never done so much camping in my life. Every situation is different.

PS - and yeah, you could say the wee spring creek behind us is worth fishing. ;)

camp.jpg

I want to go to there.

What a sweet looking spot.

77 of 89 is really getting after it. Was finding good places to set up shop fairly easy? Or a bit of a hassle?

P.S.

If AJ ever leaves you, don't worry. I'll tag along to NZ, keep you company and cook you the finest ramen you've ever had.

True story :cheers:

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

how big are these fish that it is a 20 year wait? is this England or something. Can i get some info on this

P.S.

If AJ ever leaves you, don't worry. I'll tag along to NZ, keep you company and cook you the finest ramen you've ever had.

True story :cheers:

Ramen noodles....Sounds like a keeper Dave. If you ever leave that lady who loves to fish and camp with you then you have a backup plan.... Hahaha

Ramen noodles....Sounds like a keeper Dave. If you ever leave that lady who loves to fish and camp with you then you have a backup plan.... Hahaha

You've obviously never had my ramen. It's world class. Absolutely divine.

It'll make anybody question their current situations.