Fly Fusion Forums

The Thank You Thread

Just a note to say an ongoing thanks to the crew @ FFC for continuing to host this forum. It's not an easy thing, especially in winter or during times like now when the waters are high and muddy - people can get a wee testy! :) My favorite aspect of the forum is genuine discussion and seeing the sharing and positive, helpful posts that enhance each other. It's not always an easy thing, hosting forums (I'm sensitive to that), so every once in a while it helps when you get some positive feedback about what you are doing. For as often as I can stop in, thanks!

Dave

Absolutely, a big thanks to the admins. But this thread, right after reading the "ban driftboats" bit, got me thinking; I'd also like to thank every member with a voice of dissent, unpopular opinion, or assenine idea. While you may infuriate me, I have to admit you are a big part of what makes this the most interesting forum I've ever found. Thanks for being the guys we love to hate.

And, you're welcome.

Dave Jensen, this is an excellant thought, I would also like to thank the moderators for the fine job that they do. I dont really have a handel on how much time they put in but I am gratefull for their efforts. It's not easy keeping everything civil with so many contributors.

A thought occured to me as I saw this thread, as I read this I noticed there were over 300 views and only 8 replys. Why would that be?

What? They finally turf BBT?

Nope not turfed. I stepped down due to not having the time or the energy to put into the site. My little Bro passed at Christmas and work got super busy so the last thing on my mind was FFC at the time. The site is in great hands with the old mod/admins and with Silverdoctor stepping up to mod I'm positive it will stay in great hands for a long time.

My only wish would be for a little logo update and a site refresh.

Nope not turfed. I stepped down due to not having the time or the energy to put into the site. My little Bro passed at Christmas and work got super busy so the last thing on my mind was FFC at the time. The site is in great hands with the old mod/admins and with Silverdoctor stepping up to mod I'm positive it will stay in great hands for a long time.

My only wish would be for a little logo update and a site refresh.

We're hopefully working toward that right now BBT. If I had more time/effort to put into it i'd organize some giveaways etc. My paychecks are small though.

Guest JBear

Thanks guys, i do appreciate it! You give me something interesting to look at while I'm bored at school. Which i appreciate A LOT.

Great topic.

Thanks from me. I truely enjoy my time spnt on this forum and like a few have mentioned, the information that I have come accross on this site has really helped my fishing. It has also allowed me to meet some great people.

Thak you

Greg

Definitely one of those thankless type jobs that no one truly realizes.

It used to be a thankless job; thanks to this thread, that's no longer true. ;)

Seriously, though...

Thanks a heap to the mods & admin dudes who keep place going; keep up the awesome work, y'all! :cheers:

(A special shout-out to SJW for being a fantastic Admenstruator! :bow: )