Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Access Denied

Nice work Jay.

I'll help ya break it in if ya need a bringer of beer for your float......

Oh you'll get the invites.... wont be until june though I'm a little tied up until then and the boat is upside down in the garage.

Guest Sundancefisher

Excellent example of group lobbying to effect change. Often we get blamed as a group for apathy but a number of you took the initiative and got results!

However small this may be to some, this is an example of a victory. I congratulate all of you who participated and showed quality leadership in fixing a problem.

Great to see the City was also working proactively in this process.

This becomes a very positive story for anglers in Alberta!

Cheers to all!

Thats awesome news! I may not live in Alberta and am yet to get the chance to fish the Bow (that should change in a couple weeks!) But it still awesome to hear stories like this! It may seem small bt it is a victory none the less! And in these days where we seem to be constantly losing oportunities and losing access its a huge victory in my opinion!

Awesome work!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Gil and I went to launch just now and the bastard has a chain up to block access. Didn't bring any bolt cutters. Put a call into 311. I guess we'll have to launch with the hoards at glenmore.

done and done....sheesh

Gil and I went to launch just now and the bastard has a chain up to block access. Didn't bring any bolt cutters. Put a call into 311. I guess we'll have to launch with the hoards at glenmore.

Hopefuly carma will cut you some slack at Glenmore.

Is 311 the best number to call?

We got lucky yesterday as we were the 1st boat to launch at Glenmore!

Yeah I just called and left a message with Ron as per Jahad's previous note.

P

Hopefuly carma will cut you some slack at Glenmore.

Is 311 the best number to call?

So when I spoke to Ron this afternoon, he said it is a CFD (Fire Dept) launch, and was NOT technically a public launch?! Hmmm

Also he mentioned that last time he contacted the contractor/builder he said it was not locked but that "Twist ties" were used to keep the gate close, but NOT locked!! Twist ties!! Really!! I'm skeptical about that one!! I confirmed on Sunday that both locks on that chain were indeed locked (and didn't see any twist ties)!!

P

still up today. If i had cutters i would take the entire chain out.