Fly Fusion Forums

Unintelligent Recreation Vehicle Users

Yeah probably not what the owner intended for use of a fleet vehicle...

Though not my choice in recreation, I didn't see a problem with what they were doing as they seemed to be on a designated trail... That was until the one guy tossed the piece that ripped off of the under carriage (or what ever it was) into the bushes, as well as the guys drinking beer (I'm pretty sure they didn't pack their bottles out - but that's pure speculation on my part...

P

From the Canada Toyota 4WD forum

Email sent this morning to srd.infocent@gov.ab.ca

Here is the text of what I sent:

Heading: Reporting a violation:

Body:

Dear sirs & madams

There is very disturbing video showing drunken yahoos tearing up land - likely in one of the FLUZ - posted on U-tube. I especially like how they violate pretty much every rule in the Tread Lightly guidelines.

CT4WD (Canada Toyota 4WD) works hard to educate our members NOT to be one of these jackasses

You can see the video (& our thoughts on it here:

http://www.ct4wd.com/forum/showthread.php?4559-Not-good

Note That white F-250-350, has Paramount Landscape Design graphics on the doors. Kind of ironic you say? Check out the website. http://www.paramountlandscapes.com/index.html

I wonder how they would feel about receiving a letter from SRD on what their employees are doing....

Have a look at the website of these miscreants as well: Calgary Mud Freaks

Guns, beers & rednecks - what could possibly go wrong.

Some-one to watch I'd say.

Please let me know if you received this, if this was the appropriate authority to report this too. I'd like to report back to our group, and the few other stewards of the trail. We'll be watching them as well.

I'd also like to know that SRD is going to be interested in getting these idiots shut right down.

I didnt get a chance to see it before it was pulled but youtube is literally packed with morons damaging our streams and wild areas. All you have to do is type in "Alberta 4X4", "Alberta Quad", or just the stream/area name like "Dutch Creek" and you will have hours and hours of this crap to watch.

Here's a guy washing the mud, gas, and oil off his machine in "The Livingston Creek"

This group makes a vid every year of ripping apart Dutch Creek

And plenty of others, each vid you find will lead you to 10 more just like it

and just for good measure, one with some jet boats thrown in <--poke--<

...this comment thread is pretty amusing too. Apparantly the only reason anybody would have a problem with this is because they are jealous that they cant afford the rigpig lifestyle! :clapping:

:crybaby:

Wish it had been real bad. Dumb POS should've drowned. Survival of the fittest.

I would never wish for someone to die, I believe in Karma! That said I love your posts man, you got a sharp edge and cant be swayed by the regulars around here. If you lived here it might be differant as you would see these people all the time on the water in the shops, auctions, campgrounds, everywhere. Im speaking from experience, you would get the looks and feel the attitude, very close knit group here, I found out the hard way. Ive pretty much alienated myself from anyone I new involved with flyfishing in Calgary or this stupid website that I cannot seem to stay away from. Then I said sorry and tried again lol (what a loser eh!), that lasted for about a week maybe two before I had gone and shot my mouth off again lol (cant follow and just dont go along with the group if i dont agree) Since then Ive basically quit fishing and tying all together. Things have changed around here so much in the last 5 years that it pissed me off incredibly! Im still pissed off about it but have realized that whats happened cant be reversed. A couple years have gone by now, Im my own worst enemy, wish I wouldve handled things differantly :crybaby: Was that my inside voice again, sorry got a little off topic ;)

Ive got a bunch of buddies that are off roaders and the last thing they think about when crossing a creek or digging up the country side is fish, game or the damage they are causing. Its just about having fun for them, comes in all froms!

:crybaby:

I would never wish for someone to die, I believe in Karma! That said I love your posts man, you got a sharp edge and cant be swayed by the regulars around here. If you lived here it might be differant as you would see these people all the time on the water in the shops, auctions, campgrounds, everywhere. Im speaking from experience, you would get the looks and feel the attitude, very close knit group here, I found out the hard way. Ive pretty much alienated myself from anyone I new involved with flyfishing in Calgary or this stupid website that I cannot seem to stay away from. Then I said sorry and tried again lol (what a loser eh!), that lasted for about a week maybe two before I had gone and shot my mouth off again lol (cant follow and just dont go along with the group if i dont agree) Since then Ive basically quit fishing and tying all together. Things have changed around here so much in the last 5 years that it pissed me off incredibly! Im still pissed off about it but have realized that whats happened cant be reversed. A couple years have gone by now, Im my own worst enemy, wish I wouldve handled things differantly :crybaby: Was that my inside voice again, sorry got a little off topic ;)

Ive got a bunch of buddies that are off roaders and the last thing they think about when crossing a creek or digging up the country side is fish, game or the damage they are causing. Its just about having fun for them, comes in all froms!

I think it’s just the way the internet is going these days. You can’t read the comments on a news story without seeing a handful of hate filled nasty comments or name calling. Same goes for this board, I’m all for constructive debate and people having the right to believe in what they want to believe in but it only last for 5 to 10 posts (or sooner) before the name calling starts.

I like the fact PGK sticks to what he believes in and how he won’t waver at all and the same goes for you whataniceguy03 but it always seems to break down into some form of name calling either started from you guys or replied to when called a name from another member. I recommend walking away from the computer and calming down before replying then hit the report button on the bottom left of the post.(don’t forget to type in the reason for the report)

We will remove any name calling as soon as we can get to it and warn that member (long standing or not) but also realize that us Mods and Admins are human and have our own ways of dealing with things.(even when we try hard to be on the same page)

Now that last thread I did close but was asked nicely to re-open it so I did. I think the name calling there was more joking around then anything and mostly everyone was allowed to state their views on the topic without it getting to far out of hand.

If you want an unmodified forum feel free to visit the Drake.

Feel free to send us any suggestions (in a constructive way) if you think we can make things better.

Chris (BBT)

PS Whataniceguy03 feel free to PM me if you ever want to get out and wet a line.

It's not that I don't waver or change my mind, it's that you need to make an intelligent post to get me to change my mind. There's a lack of capacity at the FFC level to facilitate that change. lol.

I guess the same goes for every BC forum and Spey forum you're on. Seems like every closed thread has PGK in them? I guess they're all less intelligent as well LOL

"Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce. They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character"

-- Justice Antonin Scalia,

Wow, that could of been a real bad situation and you say its poetic justice. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not ashamed at all. Would I be happy if he had been hurt or killed? Not in a million years. It could have been a bad situation but it wasn't. A good family friend broke his back when his quad rolled back on him about 20 years ago and he's never been the same since. It will probably end up shaving a good 25 years off his life with all the subsequent health problems he has had to endure. An accident is an accident and I don't wish them on anybody.

However, any time I can see somebody take a nice cold bath without any physical harm, for a stupid move that could been seen coming a mile away, its going to give me a bit of a chuckle. Maybe he will think twice next time he wants to swim his quad upstream in high water through the Elbow. That clip is straight out of Americas Funniest Home videos or Dumbest Stuff On Wheels. If you ever see me take #2/0 lead weighted streamer to the nuts on a wayward backcast I give you permision to crack a smile.

It's not that I don't waver or change my mind, it's that you need to make an intelligent post to get me to change my mind. There's a lack of capacity at the FFC level to facilitate that change. lol.

Anyone who thinks they're smarter than everyone else has already proven just how dumb they really are.

• 8 months later...