Fly Fusion Forums

$ Reward - Lost Oar

Ryans75

Hi All, i lost a black Hyde Oar upstream from Police on Saturday. Any one hearing of it found would be rewarded. Much appreciated,

thanks

Was it floating... a lot of the synthetics particularly the counter balanced ones have a habit of sinking. They tend to end up in the bottom of a run sticking up at an angle from the bottom, hopefully as the water drops someone will spot it and post its recovery on here or in one o the fly shops. I would be sure to post a description at all the fly shops and there's a decent chance of its recovery. I feel for you as they are pretty tough to chase with one oar. I have found a few over the years and have been able to find the owners of all but one (counter-balanced cataract) still have it somewhere. I will be out on the water drifting on Thursday and Friday I will keep an eye out.

Was it floating... a lot of the synthetics particularly the counter balanced ones have a habit of sinking. They tend to end up in the bottom of a run sticking up at an angle from the bottom, hopefully as the water drops someone will spot it and post its recovery on here or in one o the fly shops. I would be sure to post a description at all the fly shops and there's a decent chance of its recovery. I feel for you as they are pretty tough to chase with one oar. I have found a few over the years and have been able to find the owners of all but one (counter-balanced cataract) still have it somewhere. I will be out on the water drifting on Thursday and Friday I will keep an eye out.

Thanks man, much appreciated. it is a synthetic one and it did sink, which surprised me. hopefully it turns up.

cheers.

Bowbonehead, we didn't have the power oar in the back or a spare oar. Dave just "canoed" the Lavro till I could grab it. Could have be an interesting trip around the fast corners

Calm down Paul... just pulling your chain, how was fishing on Friday I saw you with Dave I think around Must Be Nice, give me a call and see if we can link up on that other stretch of river.