Fly Fusion Forums

Contractor Help

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to give a shout out to a contractor referred to me by a fellow FFC Member, thanks Pete!

I was referred to a roofer, by the name of Ken Kipp of Ken's Roofing. Super guy. I was looking for someone to check out some leakage that we've had in our house from the rain in May. Was coming down the chimney and into the house, so I was needing someone to take a look. Ken was nice enough to give me a shout back, and didn't forget me when he had some free time to come by and have a peek. Upon talking to him, he suggested that he didn't normally take care of the chimney pans that the adjuster told us was done and that heating guys normally did it. However, he offered to come out and have a look and at the very least give me the name of a guy if there was nothing he could do. Well, he came out to see us on Monday and said that there wasn't really anything wrong that he could see with the pan on the chimney, even though the adjuster did. he suggested maybe caulking some additional spots to keep out the driving rain, but that was about it. He offered to do that for me while he was there, and I graciously accepted. I would have done it myself, but lack the proper height ladder to reach the second floor. Took about 15 minutes total and when I asked about a charge, he said, "Don't worry about it. Just send me a referral for a roof!" I was blown away by the service this guy gave me.

We're still in a fight with the insurance company to see what we are or aren't covered for, so I'm still playing the waiting game. Stupid Insurance Company.

So, Ken's information, if anyone needs a good roofer, is:

Ken Kipp

Ken's Roofing

403-880-8016

If you disagree with the final decision of your insurance co, you have the right to appeal the decision FYI. Hopefully you have replacement cost insurance. I also see you are in SW Calgary, which parts of got beaten up in the 2010 hail storms, so look for hail damage on your shingles as well. Hopefully the shingles aren't too old. Good Luck with that. PL

No problem Darrin, glad Ken was able to help you out... He did great work for me!

P

Just a quick update to give a shout out to a contractor referred to me by a fellow FFC Member, thanks Pete!

I was referred to a roofer, by the name of Ken Kipp of Ken's Roofing. Super guy. I was looking for someone to check out some leakage that we've had in our house from the rain in May. Was coming down the chimney and into the house, so I was needing someone to take a look. Ken was nice enough to give me a shout back, and didn't forget me when he had some free time to come by and have a peek. Upon talking to him, he suggested that he didn't normally take care of the chimney pans that the adjuster told us was done and that heating guys normally did it. However, he offered to come out and have a look and at the very least give me the name of a guy if there was nothing he could do. Well, he came out to see us on Monday and said that there wasn't really anything wrong that he could see with the pan on the chimney, even though the adjuster did. he suggested maybe caulking some additional spots to keep out the driving rain, but that was about it. He offered to do that for me while he was there, and I graciously accepted. I would have done it myself, but lack the proper height ladder to reach the second floor. Took about 15 minutes total and when I asked about a charge, he said, "Don't worry about it. Just send me a referral for a roof!" I was blown away by the service this guy gave me.

We're still in a fight with the insurance company to see what we are or aren't covered for, so I'm still playing the waiting game. Stupid Insurance Company.

So, Ken's information, if anyone needs a good roofer, is:

Ken Kipp

Ken's Roofing

403-880-8016

Yeah Rick, some of those you speak of are the same ones that just chirp up with useless tripe and NEVER try to help anyone - post reports, support the local FF community (i.e. Stream watch, river clean-ups, etc.)...

I'd watch out about trying to help people around here, someone is sure to find fault with it!

If you disagree with the final decision of your insurance co, you have the right to appeal the decision FYI. Hopefully you have replacement cost insurance. I also see you are in SW Calgary, which parts of got beaten up in the 2010 hail storms, so look for hail damage on your shingles as well. Hopefully the shingles aren't too old. Good Luck with that. PL

No Hail Damage that we're aware of. Didn't get much in our neighbourhood from the storms that rolled through. Shingles were only a year old when we bought the house, and we have been here for about five years.

We've been in a holding pattern with a hole in our ceiling, a 6'x6' chunk of our living room floor missing, and the carpet with the underlay ripped up along the wall in our master bedroom. House is a lot more cluttered than normal and its driving me crazy. STILL haven't heard from the insurance company. According to them, they want to talk to the adjustor again to see if the water damage was caused by this rainstorm and not accumulating over the years. For the record, we've had plenty of rainy days since we moved in, and no seepage, so we'll see what happens.

Pain in the ass so far.