Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Of My Show Flies

flyangler

I’ve been practicing my kung fu, I feel a little stronger and can now see a beautiful butterfly.

Still not at the same level as you SJW (but few are.......... :rolleyes: ).............better get back to training and maybe I'll be able to unlock the secrets of the two remaining scrolls.

My tofu is mighty;)!

How many sessions does each fly take? I just don't think that way. But then, I don't count or measure fish, either.

The mayfly wings took quite a few sittings all by themselves. But for each fly it seems like there's a point where I take any instructions I've gotten and any advice anyone's given and have to launch out into unknown space.

I have a few stoneflies, but they blow. I've gotten a copy of Whillock's book to torture myself with. I don't use any of the commercial nymph legs or pre printed shell backs that are mentioned there, I bullheadedly re-invent the stuff. I'll cook my food in the microwave, but I have to tie flies the hard way.

On the other hand, we use stonefly nymphs for Great Lakes steelhead which are fast, easy and expendable. They also work.

Here's the damselfly showing more detail on the legs and feet:

33jqm4h.jpg

Thank you! I am humbled by your admiration. And your suggestion, Toolman, I will consider. It would pressure me to say something smart or new. If you wanted photos, it means tying more and that might not be until cabin fever strikes again!

I would love to see a step by step on the butterfly.

I tried this one a couple years back.

d049.jpg

Took a number of hours to create. Hangs on my wall in a frame and I keep getting offers on it. I'll try another some day. I really like yours though and i'd love to try the technique out some day.

• 1 month later...