Fly Fusion Forums

White River Waders

I had a pair. Leaked inside the right knee right away. I walk a fair bit and the fabric wore through inside both knees within a few weeks of wear. Ended up patching the hell out of them and re-inforcing the seams on the insides of both legs.

Fine since then, but a pain in the ass being wet half the time for the first month.

On a side note, caught a 3' wobbegong off the beach here in Australia yesterday, not used to catching things that bite back.

Rob

I got a pair of these last year:

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Sho.../98057/-1471950

I bought them because they had a size that fit my fat azz off the shelf and didn't have a 37" inseam or size 13 feet. They held up better than I thought to 30 or so days of fishing. My only other options are in the $500 custom range so I'm going to buy another pair of these when they have the spring sale and keep them in the closet.

I bought a pair of the boot foots specifically for fishing in the salt last fall. 14 days of saltwater, plus 2 in the pontoon later. No problems. I've always bought inexpensive breathable waders (Wardells) and the first two pairs lasted at least 4 years each (80+ days a year). I'm on my third set now, but Springbrook is not making them anymore, otherwise, I'd say get them.

I bought the white river waders for a trip up in Northern BC last fall. They lasted 5 days, then the foot started leaking like a sieve. But I got all my money back when i returned them. I only bought them b/c my William Joseph's were still in the mail, but it was really a bummer as I had to cut my trip 1 day short because the leak was so bad (AND THAT WATER IS COLD!!!).

I bought a pair last March (2010), wore them at LEAST 60+ times before they started to leak in the inner thigh section from stretching the seams from squatting when releasing a fish, took them back to basspro without a receipt, got them replaced with no questions. Still own the new pair and havnt had any problems with them at all. I really like the idea of a "cheap" pair. IMO doesnt matter what you buy, you will be replacing in 1-2 years anyways.