Fly Fusion Forums

Wader Pants

Remps

I am looking at purchasing some wading pants. I have full chest waders already and I only use them when I really need to (winter).

The idea of wading pants is appealing for me because I fish mainly mountain streams spring creeks.

Don't know many brands that have waders in a pants style. I know Orvis and Simms does

Any thoughts on these brands or any others out there. What is better and why.

Thanks for the insight.

Pike

I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend...

I've read that the SIMMS are nice... Patagonia will be releasing some this winter/spring (will have them at the expo), and I think one of the big box stores sell a branded pair as well... Probably a few others, as well...

P

I am looking at purchasing some wading pants. I have full chest waders already and I only use them when I really need to (winter).

The idea of wading pants is appealing for me because I fish mainly mountain streams spring creeks.

Don't know many brands that have waders in a pants style. I know Orvis and Simms does

Thanks for the insight.

Pike

Thanks for the insight.

Pike

I was in the same situation. I was hunting for a waist high wader because 1) I seldom wade in deeper than waist 2) more convenient.

I know fish tales has dan baily waist wader, wholesales has some?, fishin hole/bass pro has the simms g3 convert, and bass pro has white river waist high wader.

dan baily looks and feels cheap.

saw wholesales web site has this http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/f...prod256879.html, but i can never find one in store. It looks good, especially with the front zipped pockets.

not gonna buy a white river product again, they are not that durable.

In the end, I pick up the simms g3 convert. No particular reason, because that's the only one of the two waist high waders I can find, and the quality is ok (also got a nice deal). In this year, I only pulled up the wader once to warm my hand. I don't see myself buying a chest high wader again.

Hope this help.

I was in the same situation. I was hunting for a waist high wader because 1) I seldom wade in deeper than waist 2) more convenient.

I know fish tales has dan baily waist wader, wholesales has some?, fishin hole/bass pro has the simms g3 convert, and bass pro has white river waist high wader.

dan baily looks and feels cheap.

saw wholesales web site has this http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/f...prod256879.html, but i can never find one in store. It looks good, especially with the front zipped pockets.

not gonna buy a white river product again, they are not that durable.

In the end, I pick up the simms g3 convert. No particular reason, because that's the only one of the two waist high waders I can find, and the quality is ok (also got a nice deal). In this year, I only pulled up the wader once to warm my hand. I don't see myself buying a chest high wader again.

Hope this help.

Those wholesale waders look nice, I really like the big zipper. I want something that doesn't feel like I am wearing your everyday bulky wader. I already have bulky waders and want something that I can take off and put on easily and be comfortable. (everyones dream I guess)

Thanks for the link

Pike

Do yourself a favor and drop the money on the Simms pant wader, if you're committed to a pant. Going to breathe better, last longer and better warranty then anything else on the market. If your buying pant waders form comfort, get the most comfortable on the market..

If you want a convertible, just get the regular G3s. the regular G3s can convert by rolling down the top and using the shoulder clips as a belt. Plus you wont lose the nice features like the hand warming pocket and inside flip out pocket. And going from waist to chest high or vice versa is quicker and fool proof.

Oh and go to a shop that has people that actually have experience in wearing and selling waders, not somewhere where they're sold beside the snowshoes...

Do yourself a favor and drop the money on the Simms pant wader, if you're committed to a pant. Going to breathe better, last longer and better warranty then anything else on the market. If your buying pant waders form comfort, get the most comfortable on the market..

If you want a convertible, just get the regular G3s. the regular G3s can convert by rolling down the top and using the shoulder clips as a belt. Plus you wont lose the nice features like the hand warming pocket and inside flip out pocket. And going from waist to chest high or vice versa is quicker and fool proof.

Oh and go to a shop that has people that actually have experience in wearing and selling waders, not somewhere where they're sold beside the snowshoes...

Totally agree with your last coment.

I will have to go around and try a few different ones on and see from there. I am interested on seeing and trying the Patagonia ones that are coming out. And to see if there is some kind of warranty with them.

I have the Simms G3 pants and am quite fond of them. There have been a few times that I have been out and thought chest waders would be nice, but I think there are more days I have thought I would want to be sweating it out in chest waders. They are really handy when you have to pee.

For me they were a good compromise as I have a weird shaped body and they fit me better. I have been trying to find a pair of suspenders to use with them that wont rip up the waist whne attached, but that is another issue.

Of course there are also convertible waders too. In terms of brands, I am very happy with the quality of the Simms pants

Andrew

Quick dry pants/polyprop longjohns/neoprene socks/wadin' boots is what I wear for small streams from the June to September. Have for yrs, waders are a pain in the ass. Of course it does limit you to wadin' water no deeper than the length of your inseam if you don't wanna sound like you inhaled helium.

Quick dry pants/polyprop longjohns/neoprene socks/wadin' boots is what I wear for small streams from the June to September. Have for yrs, waders are a pain in the ass. Of course it does limit you to wadin' water no deeper than the length of your inseam if you don't wanna sound like you inhaled helium.

I like this method as well, especially in the high country, only I usually wear a pair of shorts. The zip off pants can come in quite handy for the walk back to the truck.

I also agree that going past inseam is a serious commitment.

I agree with Gaffer. I got the SIMMS G3 Guide pant and they are wicked. You can't beat the MADE IN USA . If ya got the cash, go with it. I got mine down at Westwinds. Gordie knows his stuff! I am sure that Dan Bailey makes a pretty good pant that are more lighter than the G3 but not nearly as durable.

those Scierra CC3 waders are really durable and good value, they have lasted three hard seasons. I don't think Wholesale in Calgary carries them anymore, can't remember why but I think it had something to do with Scierra pulling back into Europe.

I agree with Gaffer. I got the SIMMS G3 Guide pant and they are wicked. You can't beat the MADE IN USA . If ya got the cash, go with it. I got mine down at Westwinds. Gordie knows his stuff! I am sure that Dan Bailey makes a pretty good pant that are more lighter than the G3 but not nearly as durable.

I bought mine there too as he was the only guy that had my size. What I like about the G3 is the reinforced fronts on the legs. I am not the most graceful guy out there and have taken some pretty good spills on the rocks and I was sure they were gonna be ripped, but there was hardly a scuff.

Andrew