Fly Fusion Forums

River Monsters

Tungsten

Anybody see the episode on Catfish?I guess one of the most feared fish on the Amazon is about 6" long.Candiru Catfish i guess i guy went for a pee about knee deep and while he was relieving him self one jumped or swam up the urine and climbed inside the mans penis.In severe pain he went to a hospital where they didn't believe him.He then went to another doctor who checked him out and found one all the way up by his testys.Unbelievable.

Story

I have known about the Candiru for several years as a girl in one of my senior parasitology classes did a lengthy paper on it.

As far as they know the Candiru is the only vertebrate parasite of man. There are some tribes in the the Amazon that wear woven penis sheaths to prevent them.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIVER MONSTER 101 LETS SEE YOURS !!!

Mine got away ! This monster rainbow was hooked and lost,it ran over to the next pool,

did'it with out stoping . This monster spooled me and broke me off in 42 seconds.

Thanks lower Bowriver.

p.s extra back'in.

flyfishy cry'in

RIVER MONSTER 101 LETS SEE YOURS !!!

Mine got away ! This monster rainbow was hooked and lost,it ran over to the next pool,

did'it with out stoping . This monster spooled me and broke me off in 42 seconds.

Thanks lower Bowriver.

p.s extra back'in.

flyfishy cry'in

42 seconds! u must have a big reel to have 1 mile of backing!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 420FLYFISHIN

My only monster is out of a small lake in southern BC. I was standing up in my canoe casting my leach out to a school of rainbows when i noticed a big dark slow blob swim under me. It was aslong as my leg and as thick as my hips! this was a TANK, upon my return to the cottage i talked to the native guy who lives next door, he said that there are still a few tripaloid grass carp trolling around. I have returned to this place many times never to see it again but i always hope one day it will take hold and drag my canoe around.

THINKIN OF THE DAY

OK 42 second is way to long,24 sounds to be right.

300yards @ 5 mph =300 / 5 mph = 24 second

mathematician HELP maybe.

PS how fast do trout swim with a hook in them?

flyfishy lived the monster

back to my original statement...if you are counting seconds or even estimating seconds after hooking up with a big fish then there's something wrong with you...

Also check out Extreme Fishing with Robson Green sometime. Great show, IMHO.

i like the extreme fishing show even more than river monsters.Robson is so funny when he loses a fish.i downloaded them off the net bacause i have never seen it on any of my tv stations.

i like the extreme fishing show even more than river monsters.Robson is so funny when he loses a fish.i downloaded them off the net bacause i have never seen it on any of my tv stations.

WFN man if you have it demand it from your cable provider..... but I am sure the big 3 carry brodcast it

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it's broadcast in the UK only.

WFN man if you have it demand it from your cable provider..... but I am sure the big 3 carry brodcast it

Not WFN, I meant the show itself is broadcast only in the UK. But I could be wrong about that.

Despite my love of the eyes I've always been, and always will be, partial to the trouty side :-) Expect a PM from me when the weather gets a little better but I'm definitely fishing the Bow tomorrow.

No JayVee WFN is everywhere,

PS have you had enough fill of the eyes yet to come back to the trouty side??? when you do let's :kingswim: