Fly Fusion Forums

My First Big One

jasonvilly

floated the Bow yesterday with my two Aunts from Mackinnon to Caresland.

I had a great time, caught a ton of fish....

Up until this point I have only caught smaller fish, mostly ones you can just strip in. There were a couple that got me to my reel but I wasn't able to land them.

Then it happened, I saw/felt a hit on my fly in the late evening, set the hook and bang my line was leaving my reel at lightning speed. Up until this point I don't think I have ever saw my backing.

Anyways long story short, My aunt coached me and helped me to get my first bigger fish in. Caveat....I know he isn't huge but he was my biggest. I was smiling the entire time, heck I am still smiling right now.

I got him into the boat for a quick second for a picture and then released him off back into the blue and our moment together was over.

What a fantastic feeling it was...... I am definitely hooked.

post-3792-1283920807.jpg

Congrats on your first big fish! The smile says it all. :wave_smile:

You have some really cool aunts!

Fishfreak I certainly do.....the fact that they have a drift boat, live 30 minutes away, and love to fish probably won't hurt either. I didn't know them that well until I told them that I began fly fishing, now we have become quite a bit closer in the last couple of weeks.

J