Fly Fusion Forums

Fins

Just bought a new float tube, was wondering if anybody could give any info on what kind of fins to use as there are a number of diffrent ones on the market

I have the force fins and they work great for me. You can borrow mine if you would like to see if they're the right ones for you.

I had 3 pair of the cheapassed crap fins before I bought a pair of Forcefins. Day and night difference in quality and ease of use. Shoulda saved my money and bought a set of forcefins in the first place because as far as I'm concerned they ended up costing me double the purchase price.

Make sure you buy and use a set of retaining straps also

birddog,

Do I have a deal for you. Adjustable Force Fins - used 4 times. Twice by me and twice by a friend who came to the same conclusion. They are a piece of crap.

Wholesale Sports got them @ $180.00 - let them go for $130.

Get divers fins - been using them - yes the same pair - since about 1975 in the tube originally and now in the pontoon boat. I usually spend upwards of 80 days/yr. in a pontoon boat.

catch ya'

Don

Guest Jeremie

I have the caddis float tube fins and the outcast. I like them both i use them for lakes and floating rivers. Outcast is like 35$ i believe and caddis are 60$

I bought a set of Pro-tac fins. They get me where i'm going in a hurry but I have morton's toe, and my toes hurt after a couple of hours with the soft soled waders on. I'm going to look at these other ones, looks like they are open toed.

Met a fellow over the weekend, had a set of outcast fins, looked pretty neat. He wore his boots and slid on the fins.

http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?ima...;PRODUCTSEARCH=

I have the Protac Highwater fins below (a force fin knockoff). They cost ~$40 at WSS.

74788404.jpg

They are quite heavy and made of rigid rubber, and unlike the Force Fins, they DONT float. They are good at propulsion but I find my feet/toes get scrunched in them.

I have also purchased and used (once) the Outcast fins below. Paid ~$50

Outcast%20Fins.jpg

In my opinion, these are complete garbage. Sure, they're light and they float, and you can wear whatever footwear you want with them, but I feel they are absolute garbage in terms of propulsion. Heck, the 'fin' part only exceeds my foot by a couple of inches. How is THAT suppose to provide any kind of satisfactory propulsion. On a windy day at a local Edmonton pothole, I was kicking as hard as I could with these but wasn't making any headway against the wind, I also had to use my arms & hands for propulsion. :$*%&:

My brother has some old divers fins I may try as Don A suggested, failing that, I would opt for the true (adjustable) Force Fins below

Force-Fin-Float-Tube.jpg

but don't get these force fins

Force-Fin-Original.jpg

birddog,

Do I have a deal for you. Adjustable Force Fins - used 4 times. Twice by me and twice by a friend who came to the same conclusion. They are a piece of crap.

Wholesale Sports got them @ $180.00 - let them go for $130.

Get divers fins - been using them - yes the same pair - since about 1975 in the tube originally and now in the pontoon boat. I usually spend upwards of 80 days/yr. in a pontoon boat.

catch ya'

Don

Love the diver fins myself. Bought a pair of Mares fins a couple years back and I barely have to move my ankles to move which is how I like it.

The fins I bought and like a lot