Fly Fusion Forums

The Summer That Isn't

Creepy in a very kewl sort of way!!

If anyone is downtown right now, look outside. It is almost as dark as night, blowing, and temp has dropped significantly. Looks like summer was a couple of days last week. Welcome to fall.

I just drove through it, worst part of the hail was happening in West Hilhurst. Golf ball sized hail put a nice new crack in my windshield. There's supposed to be another cell coming by just in time for the drive home. The rain was pretty intense too, and in fact made driving more difficult than the hail. Damn droughts.

my girlfriend was coming to pick me up at the university when the hail storm hit. My car now has a hundred or so dents in it, one of the sideview mirrors had the glass smashed out and a nice big ol' crack in the windsheild. Awesome... Pictures on the weathernetwork.ca showed a funnel cloud at the Children's Hospital at 1:30pm today. yikes!

I'm glad I don't live in the NW....they always seem to get the brunt of the shitty weather.

Date: Sat. Jul. 17 2004 8:53 AM ET

Terms like "war zone" were being thrown around as Calgary cleaned up from its severe weather battering from Thursday night.

Cleanup efforts are underway in Calgary after a massive thunderstorm pelted the city with golfball-sized hail and heavy rain.

The worst-hit areas were in southwest Calgary, specifically the new neighborhoods of Springbank Hill and Braeside. Small excavators were busy moving mud on Friday. Street sweepers were also busy.

Guest Sundancefisher
Date: Sat. Jul. 17 2004 8:53 AM ET

Terms like "war zone" were being thrown around as Calgary cleaned up from its severe weather battering from Thursday night.

Cleanup efforts are underway in Calgary after a massive thunderstorm pelted the city with golfball-sized hail and heavy rain.

The worst-hit areas were in southwest Calgary, specifically the new neighborhoods of Springbank Hill and Braeside. Small excavators were busy moving mud on Friday. Street sweepers were also busy.

On a positive note...

Higher rain fall will help scour spawning beds, clean up creeks and river and provide more water and depth and reduced water temperatures over the Summer. Great for future trout populations.

Added rain will help fill lakes and ponds, sloughs and dugouts. Great for wildlife and soil moisture levels.

Increased rain will eventually make its way into springs and aquifers...improving future water needs.

Increased rains will help crops and keep things greener for a little longer this Summer.

Increased rains will keep fishermen away and reduce pressure on streams and lakes...fish are thankful

Long live the rain!

:wave_smile:

Sun

P.S. Just no more hail!

Guest Sundancefisher
Increased rain also finds it way into my basement. while I love fishing, doing so in my basement is not my idea of fun.

Love live the SUN!!! :)

(tired of rain this year , lol... nice drought eh?)

Careful...let's not devolve this into a pro global warming discussion <--poke--<