Fly Fusion Forums

Killing It All, Grass Weeds, Flowers, Etc.

Ok so I need to kill some grass, weeds, flowers, etc. along the fence and walkway... What's gonna work that is available at Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, etc.? Also, no personal "opinions" on the environmental debate of using herbicides, etc. Please!

I've heard "Round Up" will work, but I thought it was just for weeds...

Thanks,

Peter

Roundup will kill all vegetation. It may take a couple of applications to kill seeds that sprout. As an added benefit you are supporting Monsanto as well-- had to get my dig in!!

Regards Mike

Carefully read the instructions,It will KILL anything and everything.

I buy the concentrate and mix 1 cap full to a liter of water and spray it on my side walk weeds.Your best to spray a little first and see what it does.If you overdose then any tree roots in the area will also die.As my neighbor found out.

Spray pure white vinegar on the area on a hot bright sunny day. Re-apply the next day, if similar conditions, for the really tough plants. Kills most plants within hours.

Beats Roundup or Agent Orange.

j

Colin,

Inbetween concrete slabs, between slabs and garage, and between sidewalk and fence (landscape fabric, white rock and small pavers for potted plants) and between sidewalk and fence (gravel)...

Will try vinegar but most of it's in the shade and then the Round up if that doesn't work...

Thanks everyone.

P

Pavement or concrete?

Colin,

Inbetween concrete slabs, between slabs and garage, and between sidewalk and fence (landscape fabric, white rock and small pavers for potted plants) and between sidewalk and fence (gravel)...

Will try vinegar but most of it's in the shade and then the Round up if that doesn't work...

Thanks everyone.

P

actually I meant pave it or pour concrete, that will deal with any weeds.