Fly Fusion Forums

Drift Boat Rental Prices?

Try Bow River Shuttles's website bowrivershuttles.com. Not sure if they list their rental rates but there info.

Very expensive if you ask me. It's probably a better idea to get a guide because at least you don't have to row then. Try dutchie he's got great rates and a very knowledgeable guide.

Guest frypan
Very expensive if you ask me. It's probably a better idea to get a guide because at least you don't have to row then. Try dutchie he's got great rates and a very knowledgeable guide.

looked on his web site , why so much cheaper maybe no lunche or flies?

he also runs a power boat up and down the river , not as nice an expereince as haveing someone row a drift boat

Don't most guides charge you extra for flies anyhow?

Some do, some don't. It depends on the guide/outfitter. Those that provide flies will tell you so on their website. Those that don't generally don't say anything about the flies.

I am not trying to start a debate and I am sorry if this question would be considered high jacking this thread.

Is there that little of a profit margin that flies are not included or is that a way for some of the "Bow River Guides" to squeeze every buck they can from the client.

Only in Alberta can $50.00 buy you a license that qualifies a person to be called a licensed professional fisherman.

Gotta love our Conservative Government

I think that's what a business license will cost you?!

P

thought we didnt need a guiding license here?!? buy a fishing license for $26, have boat, will float... when did guide licensing start?

Is there that little of a profit margin that flies are not included or is that a way for some of the "Bow River Guides" to squeeze every buck they can from the client.

I can't speak for guides and what their expectation is or isn't. All I can say is that some guides supply flies as part of the trip cost, others charge extra for the flies the client uses. It varies from guide to guide as does the price per fly for those who charge for the flies. If you don't like the idea of having to pay extra for the flies you're going to use, best do your research and book with a guide who includes the flies in his trip cost.

I can't speak for guides and what their expectation is or isn't. All I can say is that some guides supply flies as part of the trip cost, others charge extra for the flies the client uses. It varies from guide to guide as does the price per fly for those who charge for the flies. If you don't like the idea of having to pay extra for the flies you're going to use, best do your research and book with a guide who includes the flies in his trip cost.

I totally agree if a person is going to reach into his pocket and dig out 500+ dollars it would only make sense to do some research.

But my question was- is there that little of a profit margin that guide/guides would need to charge an extra buck or two for the use of the proper fly as per fishing conditions.

I guess a good tip to anyone that in researching is to start looking for the small *

* All packaged condiments are 25 are now 25 cents a piece

* 5% boat cleaning charge

*As of March 31/2010 there will be a 5% environmental surcharge on lost flies.

My rave is as much about "Alberta Fishing Guides" as it is about the fact this Conservative government has more interest in your 50 dollars then it is in the citizens of Alberta.

$50.00 + web site + boat + Alberta sportsman fishing liecence POOF

you are a Professional Alberta Fishing Guide

Guest frypan
I totally agree if a person is going to reach into his pocket and dig out 500+ dollars it would only make sense to do some research.

But my question was- is there that little of a profit margin that guide/guides would need to charge an extra buck or two for the use of the proper fly as per fishing conditions.

I guess a good tip to anyone that in researching is to start looking for the small *

* All packaged condiments are 25 are now 25 cents a piece

* 5% boat cleaning charge

*As of March 31/2010 there will be a 5% environmental surcharge on lost flies.

My rave is as much about "Alberta Fishing Guides" as it is about the fact this Conservative government has more interest in your 50 dollars then it is in the citizens of Alberta.

$50.00 + web site + boat + Alberta sportsman fishing liecence POOF

you are a Professional Alberta Fishing Guide

curoius how you have come to the conclusoin that a guide lisense would create better guides ? when you hire a guide do yor homework , everyone that drives a car has a lisense and there are plenty of shitty drivers , accedents, drunk driving , etc.

just like any busines thagt you hire if the price is too cheap there is likely a reasen. if it is yor goal you can alway s find a cheeper price .

thinking that just because some one is lisensed by the govearnment you will get a good job/guide is laughable .

also like how you link the conservateve government in to the whole deal . lol

That's surprising to me that a guide would expect you to have your own flies. I have never taken a guided trip, but here are the things I would expect from the trip at a minimum:

The guide shows me where to fish.

The guide will provide the proper fly for what they are eating.

Like others have said, I can't believe that profits are so small that they can't afford to provide a dozen flies or so. I seem to lose a lot, and I don't think I've lost more than that in a day on the water.

Argentis

curoius how you have come to the conclusoin that a guide lisense would create better guides ? when you hire a guide do yor homework , everyone that drives a car has a lisense and there are plenty of shitty drivers , accedents, drunk driving , etc.

just like any busines thagt you hire if the price is too cheap there is likely a reasen. if it is yor goal you can alway s find a cheeper price .

thinking that just because some one is lisensed by the govearnment you will get a good job/guide is laughable .

also like how you link the conservateve government in to the whole deal . lol

First question - I guess the biggest thing would be I could report someone that was not.

Second question- You are right it is the Liberals fault

Again my appoligy for hijacking this thread.