Fly Fusion Forums

Lake Sundance Calgary Perch Netting 10 Am May 8

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Who wants to help net perch?

Please come to Lake Sundance at 10 am on May 8, 2010 if interested.

Address:

Sundance Lake Residents Association Ltd.

63 Suncrest Way S.E.

Calgary, Alberta. T2X 1T9

Please be there at 10 am. If you can PM me that you are coming...that would be great.

Waders will be handy if cold out.

also bring a fish bonker or two...

Nets will have been in for 7 days. We caught 1453 last weekend. Lots of bigger ones as well. Size seems to be 1-2 inches bigger on average than 2009. We will split the perch up after netting.

Cheers

well, i guess he's not coming to help. Thanks again for all the hard work you are doing down there. The fishing in the lake is freakin awsome .

Hurrah! Destroy the natural ecosystem in favour of our delusional one! hurrah!

Guest Sundancefisher
well, i guess he's not coming to help. Thanks again for all the hard work you are doing down there. The fishing in the lake is freakin awsome .

Now I just need Troutlover to bring the bashing hordes over. Troutlover...hint...hint...

Ignore the negative poster...he knows not what he says.

Cheers

Sun

pgk - some jerk off tossed in a bunch of perch that then took over the natural eco-system, which has led to the ruin of many put/take and trophy lakes in Alberta. all because some ***hat (s) from (a place where perch are abundant) decided that it would be a good idea because they were too lazy and ignorant to bother to figure out how to fish for trout.

before you start dragging your PETA and greenpeace idealisms in to the mix, try to at least make the effort to pretend to know what you are talking about. here's a thought, try doing some research and have an opinion based on some iota of fact.

lake sundance is basically a man made, created and maintained community lake in the middle (south) side of the city, as are several other lakes that have been tainted with prolific perch.

Sun- can i vote for a sunday netting day. i'm busy every saturday this month and would really love to help out :(

Guest Sundancefisher
pgk - some jerk off tossed in a bunch of perch that then took over the natural eco-system, which has led to the ruin of many put/take and trophy lakes in Alberta. all because some ***hat (s) from (a place where perch are abundant) decided that it would be a good idea because they were too lazy and ignorant to bother to figure out how to fish for trout.

before you start dragging your PETA and greenpeace idealisms in to the mix, try to at least make the effort to pretend to know what you are talking about. here's a thought, try doing some research and have an opinion based on some iota of fact.

lake sundance is basically a man made, created and maintained community lake in the middle (south) side of the city, as are several other lakes that have been tainted with prolific perch.

Sun- can i vote for a sunday netting day. i'm busy every saturday this month and would really love to help out :(

Sure...I will work towards doing a Sunday netting

Guest Sundancefisher
Well for my first ever post on here I think I will drive up and give a helping hand. What do I need to bring.....

Waders if you want to help pull the trap. Bonker if you want to help on shore. Container for taking perch home.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Sun

Is it not enough that you get to take home a share of the perch caught?

Taking home a pail of stunted perch is not enough.

How much support do you get from the residents of the community on this initiative? With such a great private community lake I am very surprised that you have to actively campaign with such vigorous fortitude on various public bulletin boards.

I do however appreciate your savvy marketing campaign..

Some people eat danelions as salad. Does anyone want to come to my yard and pick some fresh, free salad?

Guest Sundancefisher
Taking home a pail of stunted perch is not enough.

How much support do you get from the residents of the community on this initiative? With such a great private community lake I am very surprised that you have to actively campaign with such vigorous fortitude on various public bulletin boards.

I do however appreciate your savvy marketing campaign..

Some people eat danelions as salad. Does anyone want to come to my yard and pick some fresh, free salad?

You clearly are having a bad day and want to argue. Your problem may be a lack of protein in your diet. I have some perch that could fix that.

It is always hard to argue with those few negative people that feel compelled to pick a fight were there is no fight to be had. It does happen once and a while.

People that like to come and get perch...help for a couple hours of which most may just bonk and count some perch. We are not talking sweating hard prison labour here.

Anyways...I am always willing to share information. Last Saturday I had 23 volunteers show up. Not counting myself and other AOF board members there were 6 from the forum. I average 2-6 forum people per outing. Some people come because they find it interesting. Some come for perch. Some come for something different to do. Some come just because they like playing with fish or meeting new people.

Regardless of reasons or how many come out...by far I put more time than anyone from anywheres by a huge factor. I have also offered all my data to F&W in hopes that they may find something in what we are doing...of value to the illegally introduced perch public lake problem. Still part of what I like is meeting and interacting with people. We are also educating people on the problems with perch introductions of which may be the most benefit to someone such as yourself. Until our posts on this lakes problem...very few comments were made...very few discussions occurred.

So...that being said. When are you coming out to help?

Cheers

Sun

P.S. If you had a very high density of new fresh dandilions if you looked on line there is probably people looking. I have met a number of people in Fish Creek picking dandilions. Problem is they are not dense enough to be worth the effort I suspect. If you have a strawberry or snowpea or raspberry infestation...please note I will be there for ya buddy!

Also...in answer to your question.."My question stands as serious. Why do they need to solicit outside support to cull fish deemed as vermin on a private community pond?" How are we hurting you so much that you are so concerned?

I bet a guy could probably find some dick weed in your yard also.

And some guys smoke too much weed..

My question stands as serious. Why do they need to solicit outside support to cull fish deemed as vermin on a private community pond?

Sundance,

Out of the total volunteer pool, what % have lake priveliges?

PS;

Not trying to pick a fight. My line of questions are legit. I would have to assume you campaign outside of the communtiy because you do not get the required support from the community?

If those 10+ pound trout get out of control and need to be culled I will be there!

Guest Sundancefisher
Sundance,

Out of the total volunteer pool, what % have lake priveliges?

If you are now talking about spread out over the whole year last year...I had roughly 9 or 10 regular residents and 4 or 5 regular non resident volunteers. Fluctuated week over week but that would probably be fairly close. Sometimes I get the odd person that comes once...had fun but they just wanted to see what it was all about and don't return. I like them to as again...they do learn something.

So my question to you...why are you so upset that people want to help others? Some people that live outside the community come and help and don't even take perch...which while kinda surprises me still shows that people like doing what they find interesting. Why are you making this such a major point of contention in your day?

I also think that if F&W or TU or some such organization had a regular weekly volunteering outing that they would probably steal some of my volunteers away. I would be fine with that.

I just think it is great people want to help...and have fun in the process. It is a bonus for people that want to eat free perch.

Cheers

Sun

P.S. We only net from ice out to early July.