Wishin I Was Fishin

Tungsten

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh yes, Kinsey. Why so special? First steel?

Gone to vegas for a week, sorry for delayed response! Yes, this is indeed Kinsey. No, it wasn't my first steel, just one of those days where nothing seems to work, rainey, cool morning, then last couple hours the sun broke out, so did the steel. I supose I just really enjoyed fishing Kinsey on that particular day. I think it was also due to having some time with a hen player just before the buck. She plucked 4 flies, but wouldn't take solid to anything. First hit a steelblue and black bugger, then a silver hilton, then a prawn pattern, then a purple peril, then finally I tied back on the original bugger and she smashed it and took me for a ride.

Oh, and Bedhead, I am not going to argue semantics with you. This is a photo post not a pissing contest, or a moral judgement. I treat every fish I catch and release with the utmost respect and never target stale fish. Nice fish by the way.

Do I spy an Avatar somewhere in this picture? Beauty colours, eh?

That you do. I was wondering if anyone would notice. That was an absolutely beautiful brown, the camera didn't even do the colours justice. The red spots were so bright on it it was insane.

The shot where you are dragging the boat in the fog is a great shot.

Thanks man, my wife took the shot. It was on the Clackamas River in Dec.....it was frozen over in a couple spots and we had to drag the boat across the ice.....it was a great day!

I've actually been to the Bow twice this last month or so and was skunked both times. I've never been skunked during the spring/summer/fall before, but I believe I wasn't getting my flies down deep enough. I'll probably be making a trip to Stauffer next week...or possibly the Bow.