Fly Fusion Forums

Alberta Stream Watch Raffle

H2O

raffleweb.jpg

Complete contest rules can be found HERE

100 % of proceeds will be used to support Alberta Stream Watch

Donated by WestJet Airlines:

westjet1.jpg

1st Prize - Yes free means free! This return flight voucher for 2 includes all air travel fees, taxes and surcharges! Fly to any regular scheduled WestJet destination. Not only does WestJet fly to many Canadian and US cities, we also fly to many sun destinations including Hawaii, Bahamas and Mexico.

First prize comes from Canada's friendliest airline, 2nd prize comes from Calgary's friendliest fly shop....

Donated by Fish Tales Fly Shop:

fishtales.jpg

2nd Prize - Sage Flight fly rod. The winner of this prize gets to pick the weight of their choice. Sage Flight model (from their website); "Through a further application of the analysis and construction methods developed for our G5 Technology, we’ve completely updated our FLi Series with a range of even lighter, smoother fly rods. Introducing the all-new Flight Series. Now you’ll be able to generate high line speed and feel the rod load more precisely for improved power transfer and efficiency. In fishing situations, that means you will instinctively cast better without having to think about it."

3rd Prize fly rod donated by Amundson Outdoors. Thanks to Bow River Troutfitters for donating the 3rd prize Ross reel. Top Fly rod (From the Amundson Outdoor website) "This rod gives fly anglers reliable and consistent performance. By combining 43 and 50 million modulus graphite with a fast-taper design, Top Fly will produce tighter loops and greater casting distances. It is the “flag ship” that performs at the highest level and at a price that is very affordable."

I had the opportunity to try this particular model (8' 4 wt) during an annual Golden Trout trip. The first thing I noticed after casting this rod is that it is far superior than most fly rod's in it's price range. Check this and other Amundson fly rods out at the Amundson Outdoors booth at the Fly Fishing Exposition.

golden20095.jpg

I will be selling tickets for this raffle at this year's Fly Fishing Exposition January 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. Look for the Stream Watch Raffle booth. Come and purchase tickets to raise money to support Stream Watch's efforts to protect the Alberta streams & rivers that we all love!

Hope to see you all there!

If you cannot make it to this year's Fly Fishing Exposition click HERE to find out how to purchase tickets.

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE BIRD FAMILY FOR BOOTH SPACE AT THE CALGARY FLY FISHING EXPOSITION.

Stream Watch tickets available at Fish Tales.

It's a great cause and the $5 investment could get you a new fly rod or on a flight to the tropics - think flats fishing for bonefish....

Stop by to purchase your ticket today.

Harry, good to see you in Calgary and thanks for taking on this big fundraising project...........Thanks to WestJet, Fish Tales and Amundsun as well, for their donations......We're working hard to try and raise enough money to run Stream Watch in 2010.........Watch for the auction sometime in February and the Stream Watch website is in it's final stages of updating so have a look at the 2009 annual report and 2010 budget in a few days......

http://www.albertastreamwatch.com/

Thanks to everyone who is supporting Stream Watch and don't forget, you can donate by calling Kimberly at TUC and telling her you want to support Stream Watch.......

Cheers.....

Al.....

Harry, and way you can accept payment via paypal? I havent sent mine yet and will send it but I keep forgetting my chequebook at home... Im in lethbridge for school and only home weekends.

Hey Brian, do you have online banking? You could send an email money transfer to streamwatchraffle@flyfishingthebow.com.

Thanks to Michelle at Bower River Shuttles I will have a table setup before the films at the Back Cast Film Festival each night for anyone interest in purchasing a raffle ticket.

Great work Harry!!.............By the way, I left the stubs for the 2 books murray and i got at the show and a cheque for $100 with Dave at Fish Tales the other day............