Fly Fusion Forums

300!

Haven't fished in over a month, going a bit stir crazy. To pass the time after work, I decided I would hit the bowling alley and practice a bit (I do bowl once a week). So I bowled 5 games, the last being my second perfect game. (Other 4 games 206, 216, 223, 234). The lanes actually broke down for a bit in the 8th frame, so I had to wait a few minutes between shots. Anyway, it was fun. Won't be my last, but they are few and far between.

That average is Canadian Championship range. I'm not kidding. I bowled a couple years and my best average was in the 180 range. Nowhere near a perfect game ever. Its like a hole in one. Good job.

2nd 300, no holes in one. And like golf, there are time when it all comes together over a short period of time. Problem is maintaining it. I have averaged as high as 209 before, in a league in Texas. Currently I'm bowling at Let's Bowl in a Thursday Night scratch league (no handicap). They use the same oil patterns the pro's use. To extend the golf analogy, think US Open course setup. Freakin TOUGH. Averaging 177 on that shot. It's brutal. But it sure makes it easier when you bowl on the house shot, like practice yesterday.

Edit:And there are a few Canadian National Team members in the league I bowl in on Thursday. I would say "I'm not in their league" but really, I am!! But while I may be in the same league, I am not nearly at the same skill level!

Hey rick you sure you were not playing the Nintendo wii version of bowling, the game is a hoot when you've been into the sauce.

Anyways I have bowled a couple of times in my life and its kinda of fun, I dunno every time I bowel I tend to do some drinking then you got me drunk on the bowling lane whih is never a good thing.

Edit:And there are a few Canadian National Team members in the league I bowl in on Thursday. I would say "I'm not in their league" but really, I am!! But while I may be in the same league, I am not nearly at the same skill level!

Lets Bowl? That is where I bowled. Quite a drive from your house.