Fly Fusion Forums

Surgery Tomorrow

Alright dudes and dudettes..

I'm having my surgery tomorrow as the first step to treating this acromegaly.. doctor sounds really positive.

So I'll be in the hospital for 3-2 days and then recovering for 2-6 weeks. So you won't be hearing from my for a bit.. I'll see if I can get CDock to post a bad joke in my absence.

If i'm not back in a couple weeks... just wait longer. :P

Good Luck and fast recovery big B

If your at Peter Lougheed ask for Brian "the fly guy" when you need a porter (he's a non-internet guy so you won't see him on here) He's an awesome guy and he'll totally cheer you up - We hooked up and fished the Bow near Hector after my last knee replacement. He also ties some killer flies, maybe you can weasel a few out of him (and tell him Rob says hi)

And remember everything, and I mean everything, comes down to your ability to sweet talk the nurses LOL

If your at Peter Lougheed ask for Brian "the fly guy" when you need a porter

Brian is a top notch guy and angler. Won't touch a nymph with a 12 foot spey rod.

If you are at the PLC, ask for Steve the PACS man and I'll come by to chat. Nothing passes the time in recovery like some good fishy talk.

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!! I appreciate it.

flyangler - I'm having the transsphenoidal surgery, so it's not technically brain surgery but they still have to be really careful because the optic nerves and carotid arteries are so close to the pituitary and the tumor.

Oh.. and i'm in the Foothills Hospital.. so I won't be able to track down Brian or Steve.

I'll have good thoughts for ya, Birchy; tell those guys to be super careful, 'cuz your sense of humor is located near the

pituitary as well. Wouldn't want 'em to yank that out by mistake, would we? :)

All the best, Ryan; see ya back here soon.

-Steve M.-

Best of luck with your surgery, and speedy and full recovery. I work for the health region at Foothills in fact, not in patient care directly, the quality of care in Calgary is very good despite all of the negative press it gets from the media.

I guess I was a little late but I hope everything went well.