Fly Fusion Forums

Finally A Place To Put Rods

After loosing a rod to the Bow and breaking another in the past year it was time to build some sort of rod locker. This is what i came up with.

rodlocker001large.jpg

rodlocker005large.jpg

I used 3/4 plywood since i wanted it to be strong enough to stand and sit on.

I was thinking of using plastic pipe to hold the rods but since i had lots of scrap wood and carpet i used them.

rodlocker010large.jpg

rodlocker007large.jpg

I found this hinge which works good as a lid stay it also slows the door down when closing.

rodlocker011large.jpg

I'm happy with the way it turned out it also makes a great place to put your feet up onto and sit back and relax.Hopefully no more broken or damaged rods.

Being one of the 1st to use it with Mike this past weekend... It kicks a$$!! Really well done seeing that it was made the evening before and designed "on the fly" (no pun intended)!!

Great job Mike, I'm sure you will get a bunch of requests to adapt the design to a drift boat!!!!

P

great ideal , and from the looks of your job , very well done , your a pretty good handy man , how you at building a rod holder for the house , straight up , just rods , no reels ,

I had one in my garage years ago when most of my rods didn't come with cases.It looked like a pool cue rack more or less.I think it ended up in the fire pit.