Fly Fusion Forums

Drift Boat

InvermereAngler

Want a boat for a lifetime. Buy a Lavro . Nothing comes close for durability. Clackas row nice and perform excellent. Fish rite makes a great boat. Hope i didnt leave any body out. :box: I can hardly wait for all boat owners to read this, just might start another war . I can hardly wait this should be good.

i like my hyde pro series! clacks row a little nicer but the storage in hydes and add ons are awsome! never rowed a lavro! might halfto give one a go one day! fishrights are nice boats too! do some research and find wich u like best.. there are a few discussions from years past on this subject too so do a search on teh board!

i like my hyde pro series! clacks row a little nicer but the storage in hydes and add ons are awsome! never rowed a lavro! might halfto give one a go one day! fishrights are nice boats too! do some research and find wich u like best.. there are a few discussions from years past on this subject too so do a search on teh board!

have the Hyde Low profile Signature series boat and really enjoy it. Great to travel with, better yet to fish from. Loads of comfort.

The only others we have tried were one Clackacraft and one of the big pontoon types by Fishcraft I think it was. I would go with Max's comment on the Hyde only so far as comparing his as the Clack we tried was little different in rowing compared to our Hyde model, and we did not like the way the pontoon unit blew around in windy areas.

Never saw a Lavro before.

We did appreciate the storage in the Hyde as Max also noted, however we all can adapt i am sure, as both were decent boats.

i have a ro.

it tracks very nicely and is easy to row. i would also say it is extremely durable.

they have improved thier bells & whistles since i bought mine used 7 yrs ago.

the only thing i wish it had it doesn't are rod holders & sure wish it was a low profile when the wind is howling. but i also had it on water i was glad i did not have a low profile.

never tried a lavro, heard they are nice ships. never been in a fishrite either.

liked hydes setups too but clack's rowed better when i was doing my test driving.

i would have trouble buying a brand new one as just like cars you can find great deals on 'barely used' boats, and for the most part you can clearly see any issues [unlike a car].

I picked up a Clack 15LP this spring out of the states....Price was pretty good compared to slightly used stuff. I finally had it out on the river last week as most of my fishing is stillwater. It rows well and in my opinion the finishing touches with mainly rounded edges on storage clasps and smooth contours on the boat in generally have helped to lessen the chance of snagging line. I also like the look of the clack over some others but that'll just be personal preference.

My favorite part is the 2 rod holders and 5 cup holders.......mmmmmm coffee, beer and fishing......

I found a lot of used boats hold their value so there wasn't a huge difference in price on the stuff I could find. I watched craigslist and kijiji quite often as well as the new and used stuff from Clack and Hyde.

Good luck in your search.

Frick its hard to justify buying a boat when you have such a good weekend on the highwood. It sounds like going down to the states is my best bet to pick up a new boat. I may also look on Kijji over the winter. Thanks for all the great ideas.

As a guideline if nothing else, go to the Hyde url and look at their used prices before you start.

I think Clack and the others may have something similar but I always found the used prices interesting esp with their fully overhauled trailers and guarrantee.