Fly Fusion Forums

Need To Buy A Rod

Hey all,thanks for keeping me in the LOOP and offering some SAGE advice.I was a little TFO'ed that no one offered a Z Axis for that price.Anyhow,I'm meeting with a guy from ST CROIX who lives on LOOMIS street and has an ORVIS rod for the right price.

Thanks for the responses,

WINSTON REDINGTON.

ATT23.gif...now that was the best so far......................Wolfie

There's tonnes of opionions on all brands of rods...do a search on some other sites and you will find threads against Loop...just like any rod out there!

Do what is best for you...try some rods in your price range, with the line you're going to use. I've used/owned rods from many companies and there's not many Dogs out there.

It's nice to have a cool label on your rod to show off to buddies (that's why many of us are gear collectors), but you have to like using the rod to make sure it gets out of the truck. Bling is good...just like in a bar, you don't notice a girls personality from across the room.

So I guess I'm just trying to reiterate what was stated before. Go cast the rod and try to imitate the conditions you will use it under...let that and cost, etc. make your decision.

Yeah, this got me wondering if these threads are even worthwhile. You end up getting recommendations for almost every rod out there, or at least the ones that people on this board own. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for someone else, and describing the feel and action of a rod is too esoteric to convey in a post. Much more effective to stop by a few shops, tell them what you're looking for (length, weight, price) and try them out with a line on them.

Hey all,thanks for keeping me in the LOOP and offering some SAGE advice.I was a little TFO'ed that no one offered a Z Axis for that price.Anyhow,I'm meeting with a guy from ST CROIX who lives on LOOMIS street and has an ORVIS rod for the right price.

Thanks for the responses,

WINSTON REDINGTON.

The guys name is SCOTT!

Hey Wolfie have you tried the new Act4 Guideline rods yet, pretty sweet. Or the fast and smooth LPXe rods from Guideline . Even Sweeter. :yoda:

I have tried both of them. Really liked them both. I had the LPXe 4 wt for a week cuttie fishing and a 6 Act4 on the Bow. Both great bangs for the buck (no comments needed).

I also have a Amundson 5 wt 10 foot Wind Warrior that I love. Not really sure what the price is cuz my buddy built it, but they are reasonable.

Mike-one of the best replies ever, though I'm sure T&T is feeling a bit slighted.

I have tried both of them. Really liked them both. I had the LPXe 4 wt for a week cuttie fishing and a 6 Act4 on the Bow. Both great bangs for the buck (no comments needed).

I also have a Amundson 5 wt 10 foot Wind Warrior that I love. Not really sure what the price is cuz my buddy built it, but they are reasonable.

Mike-one of the best replies ever, though I'm sure T&T is feeling a bit slighted.

The Amundson Wind Warrior 10' 5wt goes for $250.

Hey Wolfie have you tried the new Act4 Guideline rods yet, pretty sweet. Or the fast and smooth LPXe rods from Guideline . Even Sweeter. :yoda:

th_3nSYtLQE8EkK6byOb1RDL2F1E1I.gifI bought my second rod now, , had my $$$$ returned to me on the first one I bought, after it exploded on me..so I looking to keep this one for a long time...................Wolfie

though I'm sure T&T is feeling a bit slighted.

mmmmmmmmmmm. t&t.

pretty. fast. smooth. expensive.

not unlike the hot chick who sat accross from in high school.

the unattainable fantasy.

someday i'll bite the bullet and get one, i swear. :devil:

funny post mike!