Fly Fusion Forums

Leaky Breathable Waders

I used the vapour barrier tape you use on the outside of houses. Put it on the indisde of the waders and it workd like a charm...............$14 dollar a roll at Crappy Tire and you got a lifetime of supply of patches...................and you don't have to wait for drying time...................I also use it to patch holes in my alumnium canoe..............two years and counting.............I wonder why nobody wants to float the Gander with me in my canoe.

Lornce, I have tried this too, but it can be dicey if the leak is quite high up and that's a lot of water to try and hold up!! Spraying rubbing COOH works really well as the youtube vid suggests. Sealing the inside of the wader is the way to go unless you want your waders to show a bit of character...

P

I have always used the old method of filling the waders with water and looking for where they leak.

run a flashlight along teh seams.. i turn em inside out n sharpie the places the light shines through! then goop em! or aquaseal

Nice Max! Seems like a sound method to me.

I have had a few leaks lately. Placed my compressor hose inside them with a tight grip around the hose while my wife spray with soapy water...look for the bubbles. I would just fill them and release a little more air at a time.

Problem I do see with it is the pressure on the seams..I was careful with the amount of air I released...but a large bang noise would be a bad thing.

I like Max's idea...going to give it a try as the suckers are still leaking a tube of aqua seal later!

Ready for a new pair!