Fly Fusion Forums

Can This Site Create Something Useful?

Question is...ppl put their posts into various threads, actually all over the forum, would it not be possible to add a script to this forum which would allow each member to View only their posts , which they put into certain threads?

.................if you don't know how, I'll ask someone for the script if necessary...........Wolfie

Correction: In this thread click on your user name and from the drop down click on the last item "find member posts"

Yes..........it works...thank you..but I was looking for a thread I posted in this morning before I went fishing, it had to do with Sara's B&B...there was good info about river beds...can't find it...was it removed?

Yes..........it works...thank you..but I was looking for a thread I posted in this morning before I went fishing, it had to do with Sara's B&B...there was good info about river beds...can't find it...was it removed?

Yes it was removed by one of the mods

I've been censored by the Mods previously (which I'm not desputing for the most part, except for one time) and I think the Mods need to inform the censoree that they did this and why as an "educational op" and out of courtesy...

Just my $0.02

P

Weak!

I wonder how much the mod was paid!

I've been censored by the Mods previously (which I'm not desputing for the most part, except for one time) and I think the Mods need to inform the censoree that they did this and why as an "educational op" and out of courtesy...

Just my $0.02

P

I used to do it for every one but it had gotten to the point where I was doing more pming than anything else.....this explaination is for myself only and not nessessarily for the other mods.....if asked why something was moved or deleted just ask via PM and I will answer if I know the answer

Since I was the one who started that thread then it was my right to ask for it to be removed. There was zero other useful info added to the thread and since I am a Mod I just skipped one step and removed it myself.

It was turning into a tough guy witch hunt on a B&B and that is my reason for pulling it.

If you want that info I will PM it to you.

Thanks

No for other mods, but for the person (and others) that you removed their post...

P

I used to do it for every one but it had gotten to the point where I was doing more pming than anything else.....this explaination is for myself only and not nessessarily for the other mods.....if asked why something was moved or deleted just ask via PM and I will answer if I know the answer

No for other mods, but for the person (and others) that you removed their post...

P

Not sure I know what you mean by this "no for other mods" as for explaining to each person that has something moved or deleted it is time consuming to pm every single case.....most are moved rather than deleted by the way.

Weak!

I wonder how much the mod was paid!

Pot calling the kettle Sarge? Aren't you a mod on a site that likes to jerk posts that may or may not give away locations??????????????????????????????

Sorry, I misread his post... But at least to the person that they removed their post, as sometime you don't even know it was removed... No the are deleted!

P

Not sure I know what you mean by this "no for other mods" as for explaining to each person that has something moved or deleted it is time consuming to pm every single case.....most are moved rather than deleted by the way.

Sorry, I misread his post... But at least to the person that they removed their post, as sometime you don't even know it was removed... No the are deleted!

P

This sentence is really confusing to me. But i've been known to have a few beers on a Friday.

P

No worries...... like I said it gets time consuming....most of the stuff I move is stuff relating to specfic areas that are in the general chat secttion, I move them to the appropriate area of specfic area chat IE BC, stillwaters etc I believe this makes info easier to find in future if it is in a category which makes it easier to find.

P

To hell with the spell checker I think we need to bring in a breathalyzer.

Pot calling the kettle Sarge? Aren't you a mod on a site that likes to jerk posts that may or may not give away locations??????????????????????????????

You are right.

Have you seen any posts pulled yet, there would have to be no doubt that it gave away a sensitive location or other blatant offense ?

You really have to FU to get the post pulled and you will always get an explanation as to why, and what for, and so does the readers..

eg - pulled due to sensitive location revealed, or too vulgar or Hotspotting etc...

Which is the reason I wrote what I wrote... Don't you just love it when it is typed and the typist types "what I said was"...

Since I was the one who started that thread then it was my right to ask for it to be removed. There was zero other useful info added to the thread and since I am a Mod I just skipped one step and removed it myself.

It was turning into a tough guy witch hunt on a B&B and that is my reason for pulling it.

If you want that info I will PM it to you.

Thanks

Good Reply and reason, too bad cause the info was good, I have had BIG guns and RIFLES pointed at me but and there is always a but, that was by trained soldiers,(I hoped at the time), having a crossed eyed knuckle dragging farmer who thinks he is right because he has convinced himself he is right, point a gun that he has less then intimate knowledge of at me is down right scary.... I fully believe in the law and use it when need..this info is damn good ammo....

I totally agree that if it in the wrong section... But what I'm talking about is when there is no clear reason why it was removed (or at least no obvious reason - didn't necessarily violate any of the rules), and even if it did, I think the person should be aware of why their post was removed (like the photo violation - poster are supposed to be made aware of why their photos was removed)... Educates them so they don't do it again. Plus one Mod might have removed it, while another didn't , sometimes inconsistent, but that's understandable...

P

No worries...... like I said it gets time consuming....most of the stuff I move is stuff relating to specfic areas that are in the general chat secttion, I move them to the appropriate area of specfic area chat IE BC, stillwaters etc I believe this makes info easier to find in future if it is in a category which makes it easier to find.