Fly Fusion Forums

Can This Site Create Something Useful?

..Holy crap...now i feel sorry I asked what happened to it..but it is the same old crap.."mod preference"..BBT..I'm not singling u out, but so many times I run into that elsewhere..as a MOD. one must always understand that ppl will rant when it belongs to something that is sensitive to them..and allowing that to happen in a forum where their love is fishing, and everyone is effected it is good..because remember 'talk is cheap', but I'm sure when and if the situation ever did come face to face..the tactfulness of everyone would prevail.

..sure it was Ur thread, however, at the time of posting you made an effort to enlighten everyone about a topic that hit home with so many members..even I learnt a few things that I had no idea about, and I was hoping to read more good info..I haven't been here long to know any of you , but one thing is certain, you all have the same agenda, and that is fishing Anywhere in Alberta..and when I read Ur info, it brought back memory's I had back in Ontario.. and thought ..hell are these farmers decedents of Ontario?

..well u mention you'd post that info...I'd like to have it, cause I'm going ask to make it a hard copy, to carry it with me, to be able to produce it just in case [Please post it in this thread]................................Wolfie

I totally agree that if it in the wrong section... But what I'm talking about is when there is no clear reason why it was removed (or at least no obvious reason - didn't necessarily violate any of the rules), and even if it did, I think the person should be aware of why their post was removed (like the photo violation - poster are supposed to be made aware of why their photos was removed)... Educates them so they don't do it again. Plus one Mod might have removed it, while another didn't , sometimes inconsistent, but that's understandable...

P

This is way too confusing...

ÜberFly ..

when there is no clear reason why it was removed (or at least no obvious reason - didn't necessarily violate any of the rules), and even if it did, I think the person should be aware of why their post was removed

..One of my posts was just recently 'removed', [which I've not contested to], and a PM from the Mod who removed it was sent to me..

..first off I frantically looked all over for that post, then saw I had a PM, opened it and read..you know to me, with my background on the net, I was not only impressed that an explanation was given but the main thing was that I was respected enough by the staff to receive such a PM. Why was I impressed, because it took me a while to instill that into the heads of certain staff members, I had to deal with in another site, then come to a gathering of "Fishers", only to see it was being done here...wow!

..as Flytyer, said it can be tiresome just PMing ppl..Well, unfortunately that is just One of the jobs as a Mod, if the Admin, of the site want to run it with professionalism, and courtesy given to the members.. I'm sure there will be some sort of flack to my straight forwardness, but, one can not be a 'super mod' [meaning full respect from the members, one they can turn to under all circumstances], without giving up 'blood, sweat, and tears'............Wolfie 23rsuns_thjpgX.gif

On the flip... I've had about three posts removed (over the last 2 years mind you) and did not receive a message as to why.. Only one I would have contested!! My point exactly with the inconsistency of the Mods...

I'm not trying to make a big deal about this I thought thhat if it was something that happened often, it would be a good educational opportunity, that's it!

P

ÜberFly ....

..One of my posts was just recently 'removed', [which I've not contested to], and a PM from the Mod who removed it was sent to me..

..first off I frantically looked all over for that post, then saw I had a PM, opened it and read..you know to me, with my background on the net, I was not only impressed that an explanation was given but the main thing was that I was respected enough by the staff to receive such a PM. Why was I impressed, because it took me a while to instill that into the heads of certain staff members, I had to deal with in another site, then come to a gathering of "Fishers", only to see it was being done here...wow!

Here is my take on removing posts.

Did I pay for this site?

No I did not and it is a privilage to be able to read these forums and be apart of it. Alot of times it makes me laugh when I see someone get upset (myself included at a later point) when a post gets removed. Last time I checked this is a private web site run by people who the owner of the site has asked to run and moderate. Maybe if someone wats more of a voice to what gets removed and what doesn;t maybe they should shell out the money and start their own site?

I think some people take for granted that these forums are everyones, well the simple black and white answer to this is HELL NO. When was the last time a member dished out money for the operational cost of this web forum? I can understand the sponser getting upset as they DO PAY a fee to be a sponser of the site.

So in closing if you do not like your posts or topics or photo's getting removed without any reason maybe, just maybe you need to go out and start your own web forums.

bhurt...some really good points you brought up, however..I know for a fact that having a post of mine would not lead to a pissing match between staff and myself..and that would be because I don't believe the Mods whoever they are are young twits with the age of 14..but mature ppl, who have respect not only for themselves but most of all for others.

..and again m8...u should really try and understand what both ÜberFly and myself are saying..no one has really objected to having posts removed, moved or deleted, what is being said is that the staff should continue to PM who's post had been dealt with and explained to them...giving the members a respective feeling towards the staff...

..as you said once before in a thread, you like to stir the pot, even though you may not like what is brewing..or was that, you didn't like .. b2TYFAtlhtoqHKdO39VJidXRf9E.gif pasta?........Wolfie

Wolfie,

not trying to sound like a dick but this is how I see it, if you truly do not mind a post beeing removed then why even say anything about it in a public form?

The only photo I have ever had removed was one that I figured would get removed but since it was my first of that particaular speices I thought what the heck. Any concerns I had about it afterwards, and one was diffently about notification, I did it in private messages as it was between myself and the mods, know what I mean.

The one thing that I do not like about forums such as this is alot of time things are misread, now I do not mean word for word but interpetations into what the person was trying to say. Alot of times people take it word for word and do not read between the lines while at other times the post is half read and a reply purely based of emotion is made. Nothing wrong with either but it can cause some strife for a time but mature people get over it and go on.

But back to the thread at hand, I understand that notification can be taxing on the mods, and can see where they would not notifie me about it cause afterall I really should know better. People that are new to the site, I can see where notification of a removal is benfitical. It really is a judgement call on the mod.

Anyways time to start getting things togather for a fish.

The one thing that I do not like about forums such as this is alot of time things are misread, now I do not mean word for word but interpetations into what the person was trying to say. Alot of times people take it word for word and do not read between the lines while at other times the post is half read and a reply purely based of emotion is made. Nothing wrong with either but it can cause some strife for a time but mature people get over it and go on.

..listen m8..it not only happens in this forum but in every forum I've ever been in and still are in to date..People forget..everyone is just typing out words in a form of communications to get across their thoughts, However..we all forget that..Expression in tone of voice can not be heard nor the expressions on one's face when things are typed...that's it in a nut shell m8..

..you are using urself as an example, pertaining to some photo that I've not seen..so...let it go..no biggy right, we all post things that are NOT in agreeance with everyone..myself included..

..why would I post that I had a post removed you ask..cause that is why I created this thread to find a certain post that I couldn't find, thus.. I was informed, was available if I looked somewhere..I then explained why I thought I still couldn't find my post, [it was answered promptly by a staff member]..thus the thread went off it's nut..but that is a good thing because we all are ranting and relieving ourselves of the bloody heat wave all around us..................Wolfie