Fly Fusion Forums

Online Travel Websites

We're planning a trip in the fall and are considering booking through Expedia, iTravel2000, Travelosity, etc. (over direct through an airline - but might do that, as well). We are looking at flight only. Anyone have any good/bad expereinces, tips, advise, etc. We would also consider a convential travel agency if anyone has a reco for that, as well...

Peter

You could also try a Meta engine like Mobissimo and Kayak. I really like Kayak.

I know you were asking for just flights, but so you know, Hotwire is an intriguing way to book hotels. You have to pick blind, you only get to select a certain part of a city and the star rating. But I have stayed at 4 star hotels for $60 US using Hotwire. Its particularly great if you are single and don't really care as long as you are in the right part of town with the right star hotel.

Smitty

I've also heard that people have had good exp. with hotwire, etc. But I'm nt sure you could use them to book lodging in India ;)

P

You could also try a Meta engine like Mobissimo and Kayak. I really like Kayak.

I know you were asking for just flights, but so you know, Hotwire is an intriguing way to book hotels. You have to pick blind, you only get to select a certain part of a city and the star rating. But I have stayed at 4 star hotels for $60 US using Hotwire. Its particularly great if you are single and don't really care as long as you are in the right part of town with the right star hotel.

Smitty

I have used Travelocity and Expedia often with no complaints.

Last few trips I have taken, I have used the sites to find the cheapest, most direct, or prefered flight times then booked through the actual airline I have selected.

I've booked through expedia several times and had no problems whatsoever. Last time was in March and a trip to Paris with my daughter for 8 days. Air and hotel, including all taxes, $3,200. Hotel was great, within a block of the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysee. I watched the prices drop and drop until 4 weeks before our trip. If I'd booked in November, same flights and hotel would have cost double.

We have booked with Itravel2000.com for the last several years. On the advice of a friend, we checked out redtag.ca as the supposed "cheapest price website" but Itravel actually beat them. Great customer service and great prices.

Sounds good Chris, if you guys have time on your hands on a long weekend and don't have anything better to do... I'm going fishing!! ;)

What I'm finding thus far, is some online sites list more airlines then others (not sure why that is) as well different flights as well... But have at'er

What we are trying to do is go as directly and inexpensively as possible. Thus far traveling from YYC (Calgary) through LHR (London Heathrow) to BOM (Mumbai) is by far the most direct and inexpensive. Where it get's interesting relates to where we are going from BOM... So to keep it simple heading from YYC to BOM.

Dates: October 2 (evening) or Oct. 3 (morning or aft). Be aware of arriving flight times and departing - anything less then a 1 hour connection is probably not going to work...

I will be returning Oct 17th from HYD (Hyderabad) back to LHR to YYC, Deb get's to stay an extra week!

Have fun, but don't worry about it as I'd rather you all go fishing (if the H20) temp is ok!!

Cheers,

Peter

P.S. For any of you that want to break into our house while we are away, we will have someone staying there, so... But if you do want my junk, I could use a few new things, so go crazy (if you find my portable harddrive, please leave it behind i won't be able to replace some of the photos) and please don't take my fly rods!! Everything of real value will be in a safety deposit box...

Peter

You should give us a rough time on when you are going and where and then all of us can have a competition on finding you the best rates.

Yeah the technical term is called "presenteeism" and I'm currently involved with a project that addressing it in the workplace - I might be affected by it as well ;))... As you may have also noticed, I have also worked for an airline...

Cheers,

P

Others have jobs but spend way to much time not working.

Some folk don't have jobs so they could spend all day looking for you LOL

Others have jobs but spend way to much time not working.

And others who currently don't have jobs, might have a shot at a particular job that would affect the other who has a job but spends way too much time not working <--poke--<<--poke--<

So for those of you that have followed this soap opera, thus far... Here's an update. Found a travel agent (name was passed along by deb's bro-in-law) who is a "one man show"... YYC - FRA - BOM, return (commission, GST, etc., included) $1400!!

He's working to try and find better, but that's pretty darn good for going through a travel agent!

P