Fly Fusion Forums

Panorama Vacation

reevesr1

Here are some shots from my Panorama trip to date. We've only really fished one day, today, in the rain. It was awesome to get out with both of my sons and to have my youngest to fly fish on his own a bit. It was pretty tough casting with lots of cover behind and very, very fast water in most places. We did get a few, but couldn't really find anything looking up. Anyway, here are some shots.

And to those who are asking where to fish around Invermere, Radium... all you have to do is get a mapbook and go explore The fishing is just fantastic here. Fish are where fish are supposed to be! The only down side right now is finding fishable water cuz everything is still high and very fast. But find a pool, or a slower moving run, and you'll find fish.

Wyatt rocking ole yeller:

p7130001.jpg

Ben stressing out the 3 wt

p7130005.jpg

p7130003.jpg

Kids always find frogs....

p7130004.jpg

Eagles!

p7120130.jpg

p7120131.jpg

The girls yesterday:

p7120141.jpg

Looks like a great vacay, so far, Tex!

Keep us posted with plenty o' pics, please!

BTW, I ain't never seen a frog with a tail before...???

I'm guessing it's an adolescent & the tail will fall off @ some point???

Have fun, buddy!

Peace out!

FNG-

No. A bit further south.

Teck-

Not classified water, though there is plenty of that up here too.

Tungsten-

Elitist!

Actually, we did dry fly fish quite a bit. It was not productive at all. We did not see a fish come up all afternoon as it was rainy/very overcast and like 18. I will say the I had one hit my indi and so did Ben. We both switched over to dries again, but it seems all they wanted was orange and round!

Tungsten-

Elitist!

Actually, we did dry fly fish quite a bit. It was not productive at all. We did not see a fish come up all afternoon as it was rainy/very overcast and like 18. I will say the I had one hit my indi and so did Ben. We both switched over to dries again, but it seems all they wanted was orange and round!

LOL,I hate it when they go for the indi.

Looks like a great time,are you going to try some of the lakes that are in your backyard?

Nice pics BTW,keep them coming.

Made it out on Tuesday with timj and his son Matt. Fishing was ok, company was excellent. My son Ben caught most of the fish. He kills me when we dry fly fish, which is perfectly ok with me. Here is a little cuttie and Ben hooked up, again.

p7140001x.jpg

p7140003.jpg

Made it out golfing at Greywolf on Wed. I stuck one inside of 3 ft on #6, which is supposedly the most photographed golf hole in Canada. That's my ball less than 3 ft away. Missed the putt though. Story of my golf life. Below that is the view from #4 box:

p7140006.jpg

p7140004d.jpg

Leaving Panorama today, back to Calgary for a quick turnaround, then off to Houston Saturday! Some saltwater fish on the fly rod are in my immediate future!

Made it out golfing at Greywolf on Wed. I stuck one inside of 3 ft on #6, which is supposedly the most photographed golf hole in Canada. That's my ball less than 3 ft away. Missed the putt though. Story of my golf life.

LOL... did you breathe in or out on the backstroke on that putt? :lol: