Fly Fusion Forums

Amundson 10 Ft 5 Wt

A workmate just handed me my new Amundson 10 ft 4 pc 5 wt Wind Warrior he assembled. Looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see what it looks like all bowed up tomorrow!!

Thanks to Jack Shaw for supplying the blank so quickly! Fabulous customer service.

Lets see:

3 wt TFO Finesse

5 wt TFO Sig series (big yellow)

5 wt 10 ft Amundson Wind Warrior

6 wt Traveler from Wayne Hanson (his store rod, love it by the way-it is my go to rod for the bow)

8 wt TFO TiCr (I think)

I've also test driven a couple of Guidelines and had a 10 ft 6 wt Bow River Special from G&L Flycraft for a couple of weeks (an absolutely fabulous rod-same rod hawgstoppah uses-for anyone looking for a custom fly rod, I couldn't recommend it more).

How many reels is another question entirely!

Ha, well I know which rod I can expect to see you using on Saturday.

This is almost begging for "list your rods" and "list your reels" threads...

Appropriate on a couple of levels. A 10 ft for czech nymphing- and a Wind Warrior for the Crow. Perfec

Guest Sundancefisher
Appropriate on a couple of levels. A 10 ft for czech nymphing- and a Wind Warrior for the Crow. Perfec

sounds like you need a flyfishing intervention. troutlover....grab rickr and bring him perch netting. That will fix em.

If you type in "perch bonking" into google's search engine...we are now at 1 and 2... Sundance rocks...Chap sucks... :angel:smail:

Thanks to Jack Shaw for supplying the blank so quickly! Fabulous customer service.

I think that's probably "Jack" Simpson - no matter.

I'm a little biased but the Amundson is a great stick. Enjoy

BK

I think that's probably "Jack" Simpson - no matter.

I'm a little biased but the Amundson is a great stick. Enjoy

BK

Sorry about that, don't know why I thought Shaw. Whatever the case, I hope I get up to his neck of the woods someday and do me some BC lake fishin'!

Got the rod out today on the Bow for a morning session. Very, very happy with it. I did quite a bit of roll casting with it, and was very pleased with the results. I also landed around 10 trout, so was pretty happy about that as well. Sure was nice having the extra foot to mend with. I'll have some photos later.

Guest JayVee
A workmate just handed me my new Amundson 10 ft 4 pc 5 wt Wind Warrior he assembled...supplying the blank...

Rick, this rod is a custom build then? I assume the off-the-shelf version is the Wind Warrior Stillwater. Is there anywhere in Calgary to see this rod or find out the price? Army & Navy doesn't have them. Thanks.

Rick, this rod is a custom build then? I assume the off-the-shelf version is the Wind Warrior Stillwater. Is there anywhere in Calgary to see this rod or find out the price? Army & Navy doesn't have them. Thanks.

Yes, the rod is a custom build. I did not think it was the still water series, but when I look on their website it looks like the stillwater is the only 10 footer. Whatever the case, I got the blank sent to me directly from Jack. I saw on their website that Wholesale carries them?

Guest JayVee
I saw on their website that Wholesale carries them?

Yes but not the Wind Warrior. They couldn't even look up a price for me. None of the pro staff are chiming in here so I guess it's onto thinking about other brands. I'm really sold on the idea of a 10' (or 9'6") 5wt, so if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

JayVee: The only shop(so far) that is handling them is Alberta Rose Anglers in Lundbreck. However, Brunsie has one and he can make it available to try(but only if he isn't on the water somewhere(every weekend!)

The blank that Rick got is the WW Stillwater blank. Comes in 5 and 6wt, 4pc.

j

..well i followed up with looking for that rod..but..thought why not the wind warrior switch rod..and the price was $449.95, i'm still thinking about it..got the info out of BC.....Wolfie

Is that for an 1106 Combo(including Trend 7/9 Reel), Wolfie? The Wind Warrior 1106 "Switch" Rod retails for $279. As I said, the Wind Warrior dealer in Alberta, so far, is Alberta Rose Angler. If Arne does not haven it in stock, he can get it in a couple off days out of the warehouse in Burnaby.

j

However, Brunsie has one and he can make it available to try(but only if he isn't on the water somewhere(every weekend!)

As Jack said, I'm available just about any time I'm not fishing.

If you want to try one of the 10 foot rods I have both the 5wt and 6wt. Shoot me PM or an Email

and we'll set something up, preferably in the evening on a weekday.

BK

Fished with the 10 footer on the Crow, czech nymping and back on the Bow this morning high sticking, roll casting, and tossing some long casts at some outer seams. Love the rod! I got to handle a really nice, fat 22" brown with it this morning. Fun, fun, fun.