Maker: St. Petersburg Florida

#300 40 C145

Owned by Elizabeth Pulitzer, initials engraved on the reel E.E.P

3 colored original line still in reel

Tackle Box: Brown leather

Owned by Elizabeth Pulitzer, initials engraved on box E.E.P

I have pics if anyone is intereted.

What do you think this is worth?

I would love to see the pictures of the Leanord, could likely give you a general value. Really depends on condition. PM me if you like. H.L. Leonard Rod Company built some of the finest rods in the world. Good collectors item. You could also go to the Leonard Rod Company web site and to Clarks forum for more info.

Guest Sundancefisher
Get Don Andersen in your corner on this one.

j

Always find a credible third party to validate the authenticity of any collectible rods. Counterfeits and replicas can ruin a persons day.

Don's a great bamboo builder, i'm sure he'd agree in the end its' condition, condition, condition. Things such as does it have its original two tips. Are the tips the right length (never broken). No damage delaming of bamboo or cracks, original sock and case good label and marking on the rod all go a long way to establish good value. How bad is the rust?

Tee,

Wish I could help. As Silver.. said - talk to collectors on Clarks Board [http://clarksclassicflyrodforum.yuku.com/]. The rod/reel may have more value based on previous ownership.

But bear in mind that used long rods are generally much lower priced than rods <8' long. The reel - well - on that I really don't have a clue.

Don

Give Hanson's a call and be prepared to forward some pics to them so they can see the condition of both the reel and rod. Wayne and Trevor have a good grasp on the collectable and sought after fishing equipment. 403.269.9371

With not knowing alot, from what I can see the reel foot has been altered, and 4 of the screws look like they may have been changed or replaced. Other than that the engraving of initials are "in a collectors eye" never fun too see but for the fishing type who cares..... I used to own a reel of the same size but for the life of me cannot recall where it was made, there was two factories, one being more sought after than the other. At any rate all things being said, if it's a good price for the lot....who knows.

just my two cents worth, maybe nothing more.

Cool looking set up. The rod has one broken tip and should be scarfed to repair it. As Don said it is a longer rod and not as collectible as some others but has a good name. The reel is by a good maker but unless the initials are from a famous personality it decreases the value of all items considerably. You mentioned rust. don't know how bad it is on the eyes. The Leonard rod should have a serial number I could look it up in my Leonard catalog, and a Leonard crest. also look for markings engraved on the metal butt parts. the leather case is cool as is the reel looks like a click prawl. the value has dropped on all collectibles over the recession with some great deals out there.

If you can get it for a decent price it would make a nice collectible. I would certainly bite.