Fly Fusion Forums

Speckled Trout - Fortress Lake

H2O

Those that know me know about my 2006 trip to Fortress lake and how that turned out. They also know how disappointing the result was. Especially since I grew up in Cape Breton fly fishing for Brook trout and the thoughts of catching one bigger than a pound or so let alone the size that are Fortress lake really would have been a dream come true. Well, we had a very interesting trip near the end of last month.

And I finally did it!

If your interested in seeing a few more pics of the trip go HERE. I was in Cuba last month too, take a look.

fortress0916.jpg

Great report!

How much did your pack weigh? My backpack is heavy enough with food, tent and sleeping gear.

That's what I was going to ask. We hiked in last there year - all packs between 60-65 lbs, and we had no beer. Brave to hike in early in the season.

Thanks everyone, it was a great time.

Suntoucher, the packs were heavy for sure. The other fella weighs 50 pounds more than me so his pack was way heavier than mine because of all the extra food he brought.

Scott, I'm kinda stuck in a ruck with the guitar but still plinking away.