Fly Fusion Forums

Metalhead??

So now that AEG is defunct (so i heard i could be wrong) does this mean we will never be treated to metalhead? I would think there is still are market for the product. Anyone in the know???

Hi Jayhad,

I hope that this isnt the case - it would be a shame. I cant wait for Metalhead to be released.

I e-mailed AEG some 6 weeks ago for an update & they informed me that Metalhead would be released this coming September.

Keep us informed.

Tight lines.

• 7 months later...

If you want guys to flaunt their desperate fishing ways for one of the most special fish in the world, then be in a rush to buy it.

However, if you want to see a movie that does them justice, as well as explains proper fishing technique, get Lani Waller's Steelhead Legacy, not sure if you can find one in town or not.

If you want guys to flaunt their desperate fishing ways for one of the most special fish in the world, then be in a rush to buy it.

However, if you want to see a movie that does them justice, as well as explains proper fishing technique, get Lani Waller's Steelhead Legacy, not sure if you can find one in town or not.

I agree with you. I'd love to see Lani's new flick, i'm in the middle of his new book- A Steelheaders Way, excellent book, the pictures are amazing- a bunch of Babine shots which is special for me. Have you seen his '80's 3M series, I've only seen video number 3, it is shot on the Babine and is classic. Actually, doesn't Steelhead Legacy have all his videos included on it?

I agree with you. I'd love to see Lani's new flick, i'm in the middle of his new book- A Steelheaders Way, excellent book, the pictures are amazing- a bunch of Babine shots which is special for me. Have you seen his '80's 3M series, I've only seen video number 3, it is shot on the Babine and is classic. Actually, doesn't Steelhead Legacy have all his videos included on it?

Indeed it does, including a updated film for spey fishing

• 1 month later...

I wasn't a big fan. Definately a renter. I didn't even think it lived up to the hype (whether negative or positive). Half the film - Road trip, poor us, no fish, bad weather (welcome to steelheading! It wouldn't be any other way!) then second half was bent rod, then cock grippin big steelhead. Then abrupt ending. There you go. No more, no less to it. No morals, lessons, reflections, techniques to it, just tittin then fishin. Thats how I stacked it anyhow...

I haven't checked it out - the trailer was enough to dry up my appetite.

They just seem(ed) like a bunch of young kids pretending to be "trout bums". Trout bums with great paying, fish catching jobs.... and they complained about it???

Guest Jeremie

i thought it was overall pretty decent, i liked the part where they go stranded on that island! pretty funny! But the bearded guy was a laugh and a half! Not worth the 34 bucks that i paid at fish tales though!