Fly Fusion Forums

One Week Ftr

Which section would you rather fish  

37 members have voted

1. 1. North or South section of the FTR

• North
    • South

I'm kinda torn between the two, I fished south last year and had some of the best fishing and I know that there's also a lot of good water up on the north section.

So which would you choose between the two relating to

amount of driving

fishable waters

enough room for camping ( being able to camp away from others without hiking into the bush a few K's)

amenaties ( gas, extra food, etc)

I would have to say go north, as there's so much good water there, and less folks fishing it than south. You can always stock-up & gas in Caroline or Rocky, or further north if you want. I want to fish north myself soon.

You've already fished south, so there's a motivator for new water. Re-read Barry Mitchell's book for added info.

You've already fished south, so there's a motivator for new water. Re-read Barry Mitchell's book for added info.

Good point, although one week on the south is nowhere near enough time to explore all the water out there. Last year we fished Trap, Livingston, Old man, Highwood, Cataract (upper and lower) and Racehorse

The north sucks man..... brutal fishing up there no selection of rivers small fish, picky brown trout, lotsa gravel not worth the drive really :rolleyes:

In truth though its a tough choice both rock and have unlimited options.......... You could likely fish for a number of years and never have to walk the same stretch more then twice

Personally I'd have to say North, only because I have fished a fair bit of the South and would like to see some of that area.

And from the sounds of other comments, there seems to be less People/pressure up that way.

Have fun and good luck whichever way you end up going.

I'm envious. I'm going to have to plan one of these trips sometime.

The GF and the family stuff seems to take up all my good vacation time also.