Fly Fusion Forums

Weather Next Weekend

Guest ArtVandelay

Welcome to Alberta, wait until you get the same forecast for the August long.

So true, 420fisherman, myself and another from this site took some buddies camping into the mountians last August long. When we met up I asked one buddy if he was bringing a jacket he said no it's august. I stated there was only one season in the mountians..... winter.... him and the others that were unprepared didn't sleep well in the 8" of snow that fell.

Guest JayVee
Love it, no ice on the guides and no one will go out!

I didn't see that angle at all. Now I'm looking forward to it! Thanks Andy(?) :)

Get out there and fish ya bunch of pansies! This might be your best chance in the spring to fish a true BWO hatch. Look to the slow flats that you know hold browns, and be patient as you look for risers. they'll be in the SLOWEST of slow water in the spring, sipping these bugs. If I had the chance to be up in calgary right now, i'd be PUMPED, not dissapointed... <--poke--<

Guest JayVee
u jsut had too open ur big ya didnt ya brian......

LMAO...I guess it's useless to ask how you'd be fishing during the hatch, besides dry fly if they're taking surface flies? Soft hackles? Emergers? Would you fish these with weight? How about a slow sinking or hover leader? Just wondering.