Fly Fusion Forums

Don't Forget To Use The Search Feature.

Out of courtesy especially if you are a new user don't forget to use the search feature. This web site contains a wealth of great information on a variety of subjects that have been very well covered. Some very recently and some multiple times. I'm not saying don't post questions, but do a bit of searching first. If the answer isn't available then ask.

Such things like.

How do I fish the Bow

What is the best camera

What is the best rod

How do I put together a basic set up

Where is the best place to fish and tell me down to the square inch.

I'm too lazy to look so tell me

I know myself and many others users here are always ready to give of our time and what knowledge of what we have gleaned about this sport we love. Sorry for the rant.

See you on the water.

Miserable old fart

Your right, you are miserable and you are old, but I have to agree with Doc on this one.

Read all the post!!!

There are some diffently good reads and some comic relief.....

"I'm too lazy to look so tell me"

This one cracked me up Doc

Maybe you computer savvy types could provide some tips on proper searching - using quotes or *'s, etc. to help people narrow their search parameters?!

Out of courtesy especially if you are a new user don't forget to use the search feature. This web site contains a wealth of great information on a variety of subjects that have been very well covered. Some very recently and some multiple times. I'm not saying don't post questions, but do a bit of searching first. If the answer isn't available then ask.

Such things like.

How do I fish the Bow

What is the best camera

What is the best rod

Where is the best place to fish and tell me down to he square inch.

I know myself and many others users here are always ready to give of our time and what knowledge of what we have gleaned about this sport we love. Sorry for the rant.

See you on the water.

Miserable old fart

Perhaps a 'FAQ' section could be created that would list answers to the common questions, previous threads answering these questions could be pinned here.

Nice idea in theory but what is a commonly asked question? Lately any question would qualify. Pinning makes a long list that no one will likely look at....... using the search feature is the probable best option.

I totally agree that multiple questions asking the same thing just spreads the information out and makes it hard to find. It is better to bump up older threads by adding to them a similar question to keep the info all in one place. However, I have been having trouble searching for specific things because of the 4 character minimum of the search engine. For example, the bold words below would not be searchable.

Such things like.

How do I fish the Bow

What is the best camera

What is the best rod

Where is the best place to fish and tell me down to the square inch.

See you on the water.

Miserable old fart

Anyone know how to get around this issue? There are too many important 3-letter words in the fly world. Actually, Bow, rod, fly, tie, are all I can think of right now. But then there are all the 3-letter acronyms that get used. CDC, SJW, LSR...

Nice idea in theory but what is a commonly asked question? Lately any question would qualify. Pinning makes a long list that no one will likely look at....... using the search feature is the probable best option.

I was thinking about a page that when someone asks a common question, it would only take one reply to direct them to the FAQ's

- Bow/Crow Hatch Charts with some FFC fly recommendations.

- Bow/Crow River Map similar to the one that Country Pleasures used to hand out showing public access points, put in take out points, maybe add drift times etc.

- Recommended beginner single handed setup for the Bow

- Recommended materials to get started with fly tying

- How to separate a stuck rod

- Waterproof Camera Recommendations

- Links to knot tying pages

- Links to leader construction pages

- Links to sponsors, online regs, online licensing, report a poacher line

- Fly Fishing Ethics

etc. etc. etc.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

WOW, stop everything!!! if i cant pass on what little (and it really isnt that much) info i have then how the heck will i get my post counter into the 1000?

you bhurt lets get another argument going, i NEED more post.

But back on topic. It doesnt matter what forum there is all ways a huge # of Q&A re posts. And all those forums have one of these topic in it as well but i bet if you use the search function you will find that this topic is as well a re post.

But with out them small bits of new info or a different view will never be expressed on the topic.

as for the camera thing there is a new camera every 2 months you have to keep asking those questions, models are updated and dropped (true for all our equipment)

But thats just my 2C

just my 2C