Fly Fusion Forums

The Crow...

beedhead

Met up with Brian at the Crow Tues for a well deserved outing on Both of our behalf's...Been going stir crazy waiting for a weather window...Well we got it, but it was short lived... :( ...Or I would still be out there...Tues morning started out slow with a few fish to hand... By mid afternoon the water warmed up and some of the pools that were froze over earlier started to open up...And then the fish started to wake up...Brian Started nailen them hard in the pools with an indicator, so I went to the "Dark Side" with and indicator as well... :D ...and started to get into them...Never caught up to Brian in numbers, but I wasn't to far off... :) ..Most fish were caught in the pools, but we did manage to get a few out of some runs and head waters of the pools...Water level was up from last time out...And the water clarity was off just enough to make it an advantage to us...we covered Burmis to Leitch..And hit some of the productive spots on the way back....We fished till damn near dark, they were still hitting and a couple were rising as darkness was upon us...Wed fished about the same as Tues, maybe a little slower. The water had also come up a bit on Wed...Vis was still great...Brian found a net on tues....Anyone loose a net on the Crow by the fallin tree up from Burmis??...It has some white thread were it has been repaired...You will see it in one of the pics...I have the net right now, so just let me know if its yours, and will try to get it to ya...All in all, had a great time..Had a great time fishin with Brian...I met a nice fellow on Wed at Burmis from the board, but cant remember his name, I remember his dogs name was Fisher. Clive and Al were out on Wed, but I never run into them, they did leave me a love letter on my truck mind ya.. :lol: ...Here are some pics from the outing...

Cheers...Jeff..

TheCrow012.jpg

TheCrow013.jpg

TheCrow014.jpg

TheCrow018.jpg

TheCrow021.jpg

TheCrow026.jpg

TheCrow029.jpg

Brian on one of his breaks...

TheCrow030.jpg

Nice pics guys. thanks for sharing. Hoping for a break in the weather soon to try and make it down there. Winter has been killing me. Has anyone else had a hard time falling asleep at night because all I can think about is fishing and planning trips for this summer. Glad to see you guys got on the water and got to scratch the itch.

Thanks for putting up with my not-so-mobile self Jeff :)

I had a blast depsite the back, and I sure hope I can get out again next time the weather clears. The crow's good with or without fish as far as I'm concerned, sure was nice to trick some of the little devils tho! :angel:smail:

Hi Beadhead..

It was nice to meet you at the parking lot also, it seems folks remember the dog more then me but that's OK...

I had a great day... with a story ...

Had five hooked landed two..

First here is the obligatory shot of Fischer..

IMGP0006-10.jpg

the Arsonal not going to tell which were hot but not hard to guess..

IMGP0025.jpg

the first Bow nice male caught in a run... long and lean..

IMGP0011-3.jpg

the second one is the one I was after, she is nice and fat.. I try not to take the fish out of the water

just better for them this time of year..

IMGP0017-1.jpg

Fischer started to act all nervous and was growling and pacing and jumping.. Damn I love that dog..

the first pic shows the Wolf/BIG Coyote on the ridge...this is to the west into the wind..

IMGP0018-3.jpg

The second picture it's gone.. I thought I could see another on the grass in front but not sure..

IMGP0019-3.jpg

DAMN big if they were Coyotes...

started with the snow furies so we headed to the Timmies in the pass and Fischer got extra rations

Not very often I post a fishing trip to this board, don't want to encourage the Big City boys... <--poke--<

good pics, looks like ya had fun.

My son and I were out on sunday, got skunked but had a great day. few fish on but none to hand.

was a little sad to see that one of the leaning trees fell. wonder how that will effect that hole in the future.

good pics, looks like ya had fun.

My son and I were out on sunday, got skunked but had a great day. few fish on but none to hand.

was a little sad to see that one of the leaning trees fell. wonder how that will effect that hole in the future.

It dug a big "new" hole under the roots.. no fish from it yet at least for me... but I bet this summer if it is not washed away completely by the spring run off, there will be a resident fish there..

Hi Beadhead..

Great pics...It was nice to meet you at the parking lot also, it seems folks remember the dog more then me but that's OK...

I had a great day... with a story ...

Had five hooked landed two..

First here is the obligatory shot of Fischer..

IMGP0006-10.jpg

the Arsonal not going to tell which were hot but not hard to guess..

IMGP0025.jpg

the first Bow nice male caught in a run... long and lean..

IMGP0011-3.jpg

the second one is the one I was after, she is nice and fat.. I try not to take the fish out of the water

just better for them this time of year..

IMGP0017-1.jpg

Fischer started to act all nervous and was growling and pacing and jumping.. Damn I love that dog..

the first pic shows the Wolf/BIG Coyote on the ridge...this is to the west into the wind..

IMGP0018-3.jpg

The second picture it's gone.. I thought I could see another on the grass in front but not sure..

IMGP0019-3.jpg

DAMN big if they were Coyotes...

started with the snow furies so we headed to the Timmies in the pass and Fischer got extra rations

Not very often I post a fishing trip to this board, don't want to encourage the Big City boys... <--poke--<

Great to hear ya had a productive day....Those Crow Bows are little Gems!!!...As is the Crow...

Nice to have met you...Jeff..

Even the old farts caught a few.

Geez Flyfishfairwx, next time yer there put a sign in yer window ... we though your silver car was a Calgary veehickle ... and we were going to flatten the tires. :lol:

alcrowmarch4091091700-0.jpg

Geez Flyfishfairwx, next time yer there put a sign in yer window ... we though your silver car was a Calgary veehickle ... and we were going to flatten the tires. :lol:

alcrowmarch4091091700-0.jpg

Holy crap you old farts roll rough ..... :$*%&:

I drive the 06 Matrix, didn't you see the Happy Fisherman sticker and fresh Dog nose prints on the windows?

I also have a 04 Bright Blue Highlander.. C&R plate thing and Trout Bum sticker...same on the dog prints..

Nice fish BTW did you need oxygen after the fight.. <--poke--<

Sure wish I could have made it guys. I did take the afternoon off, but did not get off work until noon. Crow seemed a bit far for an afternoon fish! Hope to hook up after you guys get back for South America.