Fly Fusion Forums

Wtf

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

do you really want to date yourself like that. i have never met you so im now going to guess you in your 50s. Its great for everything, friends, work, and talking about fishing where the "enemy" cant over see your conversation...lol

i use it as a work tool to do promotional sales.

Guest KnottyGirl
I hate facebook...

But I'm really bad at staying in touch (I avoid it). Facebook lets me keep up with friends and family I'd otherwise not know, let alone talk to.

I too, have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. <_<

Like he said above, Facebook is great for keeping in touch with people and friends who live far away, or who you never seem to call. Which is everyone for me, I hate the talking in a phone 1/2 the night. I think a lot of people who don't know what facebook is, they think it's the next "My Space", but it is definately different.

You mean to say Taco that someone (significant other) hasn't already set you up in facebook??? that seems to be the most common way someone gets hooked...

Guest girlsfishtoo
Even with its' down side, it is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family that don't live close by. I have reconnected with some friends that I never would have found, if it wasn't for facebook.

Castus, ................................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

..............haha

I hate facebook...

But I'm really bad at staying in touch (I avoid it). Facebook lets me keep up with friends and family I'd otherwise not know, let alone talk to.

Plus we put our Flyfishing club up on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=5926...gid=65374606211

Chinook Waters Fly Fishing Club

So I clicked on the above link. Officially the first time I've ever been on Facebook. I clicked on Paul's profile, but it came back with some crap about me having to be his friend. I thought about it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a member of the friends he'd otherwise not know, or let alone want to talk to.

I also sensed pending doom if I became his friend. I mean, where would it lead? How many people would I then have to be friends with? I have a hard enough time keeping up with my flesh and blood friends, situational internet fishing friends, work friends, submarine friends, friends from childhood; I mean seriously, how many social outlets do we need? To damn much pressure, that's what I say.

That and I'm almost as old as Taco, and all this technology scares me.

So I clicked on the above link. Officially the first time I've ever been on Facebook. I clicked on Paul's profile, but it came back with some crap about me having to be his friend. I thought about it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a member of the friends he'd otherwise not know, or let alone want to talk to.

I also sensed pending doom if I became his friend. I mean, where would it lead? How many people would I then have to be friends with? I have a hard enough time keeping up with my flesh and blood friends, situational internet fishing friends, work friends, submarine friends, friends from childhood; I mean seriously, how many social outlets do we need? To damn much pressure, that's what I say.

That and I'm almost as old as Taco, and all this technology scares me.

Come on Rick... everybody wants to be my friend, I'm just so popular it's hard to give everybody the Attention they deserve.

We haven't had a good "discussion" in a long time. :D

Plus all my friends are great... you'd be greater... guilty by association, right?

The link is to our Big Club Meeting tonight at 7:

post_jan09.jpg

http://goneflyfishin.ca/flyclub.html