Fly Fusion Forums

Yo! Hardy Fans

Taco

The British Pound has tanked and there some good deals to be had outta GB, like a Lightweight flyweight for 186 loonies right now. Reputable online outfit, just go to the upper right corner and set your preferences to Canadian and you get the prices without the VAT and in LoonyBucks. I'm trying to decide which Cascapedia I can sneak past the Bitter Half

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Default.aspx

I've been watching and drooling over a Cascapedia on that site for over a week. there's a 2/3/4 for a mere $261.34. But picked up a couple of other things over the winter the puts me in no spend mode. Would loved to replace the Perfect 3" that was ripped off but it's out of my budget. Nice to dream though. by the way I have bought from Harris in the past with great service.

I have a huge thing for the Demon, I love casette type reels. Truefully I can't myself buying one anymore, these prices are great but some other manufacturers have earned my loyalty.

Most people who buy Hardy do so out of love of the product, the history and quality. Lots of tremendous manufactures these days making excellent products. Depends what you want, I love the click prawls, it's what I grew up on. Not for everyone. personal taste comes into it. The thread is addressed to Hardy fans.

Hi Guys,

Its all true the £ is worthless, i did hear today that there will be some Hardy reels sent to Canada direct at UK prices, i have never seen the Canadian Dollar so strong against the pound, so if you ever wanted a Hardy's now is the time.... i may be over to beg on the Streets of Downtown Calgary... when it gets abit warmer and i fix the hole in the rowing boat.

Gordo.

420, if you line your big stick with a Compact Skagit, put the wind at your back, fish down and across with sink tips, cast off the downwind side...then fishing in these high winds is doable and you will have the river to yourself. So, hit the Bow!

hells yea gordy if she stays this way i will be on my way too kick it in your crib thisyear forsure!

Most people who buy Hardy do so out of love of the product, the history and quality. Lots of tremendous manufactures these days making excellent products. Depends what you want, I love the click prawls, it's what I grew up on. Not for everyone. personal taste comes into it. The thread is addressed to Hardy fans.

SilverDoc,

I love sound of a good click pawls too. Got rid of a Ross Evo because it was too quiet, replaced it with an Islander IR. Would like more but since our dollar tanked they've gotten too spendy again. Don't own any Hardy's but since they brought down the price point by movin' most of the machining to Korea they've gotten a lot more tempting. Wonder if I can convince the Financial Controller I need a full set of LRHs and whatnot

Ouch....that really sucks.

I picked up an Angel at the FF show....and baby makes 3....

[/img]

Actually lost more than just the Perfect but a Hardy bag with a St. George and my Hardy Bamboo 5 wt. But still have a few Bamboos and Hardy's.

Nice Angel, That's a keeper for life and to pass on. You'll love it.

SilverDoc,

I love sound of a good click pawls too. Got rid of a Ross Evo because it was too quiet, replaced it with an Islander IR. Would like more but since our dollar tanked they've gotten too spendy again. Don't own any Hardy's but since they brought down the price point by movin' most of the machining to Korea they've gotten a lot more tempting. Wonder if I can convince the Financial Controller I need a full set of LRHs and whatnot

The Islander IR is definitely an instant classic. Love my IR4. It talks to me like my Hardy's. The war department tells me I would have to liquidate something to get another Hardy. Well, have to look through my goodies.

Actually lost more than just the Perfect but a Hardy bag with a St. George and my Hardy Bamboo 5 wt. But still have a few Bamboos and Hardy's.

Nice Angel, That's a keeper for life and to pass on. You'll love it.

Sweet Jeebus....thats gotta be a heart breaker. Gotta say of all the things I own losing my FF stuff to thieves is my biggest fear....

My dad bought me a Marquis for salmon fishing somewhere in the mid/late seventies and I bought myself a St. John somewhere in the mid/late eighties (or was it vise/versa).

I can't wait to match it up with a little 3wt...was looking at the Greys....

Hardy, IMO, has become such over-priced also-ran products...I just about choked on my lunch when I saw that the new perfect is $800 and change...seriously? for a machined click/pawl reel? I'll keep buying originals and not lose money on depreciation.

the Cascepadias are over ported and about as ugly as you can get, I mean are we trying for a Vom Hofe / Bogdan look or a Tibor? The brass faced perfects need a buffing wheel carried around with you and the high tech reels over the top trash...Titanium?

Clearly the company is run by guys with too much money trying to one-up...no wonder its a revolving door of distribution...

I'm so disappointed...and I have a considerable collection of pre-60's reels, (plus a couple later Bougles)....Including a original Cascepedia 4/0...What I have seen in the last few years just doesn't hold up...like much of what had been introduced in the last two decades thats not $1200 plus...and even they are suspect.

Hardy, IMO, has become such over-priced also-ran products...I just about choked on my lunch when I saw that the new perfect is $800 and change...seriously? for a machined click/pawl reel? I'll keep buying originals and not lose money on depreciation.

the Cascepadias are over ported and about as ugly as you can get, I mean are we trying for a Vom Hofe / Bogdan look or a Tibor? The brass faced perfects need a buffing wheel carried around with you and the high tech reels over the top trash...Titanium?

Clearly the company is run by guys with too much money trying to one-up...no wonder its a revolving door of distribution...

I'm so disappointed...and I have a considerable collection of pre-60's reels, (plus a couple later Bougles)....Including a original Cascepedia 4/0...What I have seen in the last few years just doesn't hold up...like much of what had been introduced in the last two decades thats not $1200 plus...and even they are suspect.

*Pythagoras rises to the fly...*

I don't think you would find too many people who would argue Hardy is leading edge but calling them 'also ran' is like calling Porshe an "also ran' car company. If one word could be used to describe them I would choose venerable.

In my experience they are a little expensive and the looks are sometimes unique (and appealing in my eye). They also have a cashe, history and, in my case and I suspect many a salmon fishermans, a memory of sound and sliver that is priceless.

:lava:

In my experience they are a little expensive and the looks are sometimes unique (and appealing in my eye). They also have a cashe, history and, in my case and I suspect many a salmon fishermans, a memory of sound and sliver that is priceless.

:lava:

I think the history stayed in the UK when they started manufacturing in Korea

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

who care if its royalty or a small yellow finger pushing the big red button, the CNC machine cuts the same way.

I have a hardy bag that was made in Korea but i still love it and i have a feeling it will last a but load longer then my sage pack.

• 1 year later...

Have a Demon rod and reel setup, love it.

Harris Sportsmail has been great to me on my purchases.

No issues so far with the cartrige system on the reel, really well made and designed

It would be great if they were still made in the UK, but there it is..the way of the world these days.