Fly Fusion Forums

Tying With Trash

agbff

I love "found" stuff for tying. Old electrical cords for wire (coper johns). Computer anti static bags for Cromies, Holographic chocolate bar wrappers for streamer bodies. Any holiday will glean you a host of foil and feathers. Not to mention dollar stores, and of course Micheal's. Fabric stores for great floss. It goes on and on. I once found a feather placeholder made of Jungle Cock nails. Not to mention feather dusters.

Lots of goodies out there.

My grandfather a few years back had a Phesant Farm out in Grassy Lake, and my mother had a huge selections of diffrent feathers, well untill recently, What a diffrence there is using REAL Peacok Feathers and some of the other color feathers I have been experimenting with, only thing is my mother is starting to notice that key feathers are not in abundance like she use to have.

Michael's is a goldmine.. Acres of foam in many colors, beads, peacock feathers cheapo, and many stares from middle aged women probably questioning my sexual orientation when they see me with an armload of the aforementioned... As for pheasant tails, get lots during bird season, perhaps I'll post when I get a bunch more if anyone's interested.

condoms make the best nymph skin! michaels has unlimited supplies of marabou, chenille, antron.. beedshops are killer too!

wouldn't the lubricated coating make it just slide outta the fishies mouth?! haha