Fly Fusion Forums

Raw Trout

I've eaten raw trout before. I had no issues, but I wouldn't recommend it. I've also eaten raw bluefin warm off the fish; I definitely recommend that :argggg: . It would be worth it even if you got sick.

You could carry a bit of lime juice and spices and have ceviche.

Wait a minute. Is this thread about killing trout? Heathens :devil:

no you definately wont get sick. im a chef and ive eaten many types of raw fish and meat. im not to sure about the texture of raw trout. it seemed to be a bit too lean for me. enjoy!!!

Yay, I guess I will make up some sticky rice and pack it out one day....... mmmmmm bull trout, I mean cutty

I saw the dude on man vs. wild take a chunk out of a live brookie and a live salmon. i think he's still alive.

I've seen Bear Grylls do the following:

-chase lions away to eat raw zebra flesh off a carcass

-eat rhino beetle larvae the size of your middle finger

-squeeze water out of fresh crap to drink

-drink water out of the muck underneath roots

I definitely wouldn't use his actions as a benchmark for what constitutes a good idea. That guy is completely nuts.

I definitely wouldn't use his actions as a benchmark for what constitutes a good idea. That guy is completely nuts.

uve got it dude he is a nut!

he's also been a proven fake (taping video right next to a road, with his crew and van there), and caught sneaking into a nearby hotel when he was supposed to be 'roughing it over night in the jungle'..

Survivorman is the real deal at least

he's also been a proven fake (taping video right next to a road, with his crew and van there), and caught sneaking into a nearby hotel when he was supposed to be 'roughing it over night in the jungle'..

Survivorman is the real deal at least

i hear ya there dude.. his show is different from survivor man in a few ways tahts forsure.. he does alot more extreme stuff and shows alot more risky situations wich are sweet but without a filmcrew medics n whatnot right next too him i doubt he would do any of taht stuff... wich makes teh show pretty sweet! survivor man is dope too mainly because that dude roughs it on his own and actually roughs it for a week! wich i give madd props too!

I love how Grylls crawls into some carcass or another in almost every episode to stay warm over night. The camel in the desert was awesome, I swear they spend days looking for dead *hit just so he can gut the bloated belly, say how bad it smells and the proceed to crawl in.

Mind you I did see one where he was in some Scottish bog and he "found" a dead sheep and he made a few cuts around it's ***hole and then peeled the hide off like pulling off a sock, he cut it again around the neck and was left with a woolly sleeping bag. I could see that being useful.

I think the guy is a turd, Les Stroud of survivorman is awesome though.

Personally I would not eat anything raw in the wild unless it was a matter of life and death. Fish are great as worm hosts, worms are sick. I have a friend who got a tapeworm from questionable sushi (she thinks) either that or some undercooked salmon, I don't need to describe how she found out she had it but lets just say it would make the toughest stomach turn. It was a salmon tape worm, can reach 10m in length and live for up to 15 years, as an ironic twist she was sad to find out they don't make you skinny only rob you of vitamins. Whats even worse is when you kill them you usually still have to pass it so you could have to expel a massive wad of worm in the end....literally.

I'm pretty proficient at starting fires so I think I'll stick to cooking my food.

On a somewhat related note, I read that the actor Jeremy Piven (Entourage) was hospitalized recently due to mercury poisoning from eating sushi twice a day. Mercury builds up naturally within the fish near the top of the food chain - tuna is one of the worst for high levels. Cooking does not get rid of it.

I remember my Grandma making these spam salad sandwiches: chopped dill pickles, miracle whip and mashed spam. I loved them, she made the most excellent buns and she would toast them and smother it with the spam mmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure I've eaten any spam since then and I'm positive I'd have to be bloody starving to death before I'd eat any now. My tastes have become somewhat more refined and prefer my food to be fresh, get it while you can- one day all our food may come in a can.