Fly Fusion Forums

Why I Love Calgary

My last week in Calgary consisted of:

3 short trips on the Bow, I think 5 or 6 trout total, the smallest 16", and got to see my son hook his first true Bow River Bullet, that wrapped him around a rock and broke him off.

1 trip to a small creek with fish all day, biggest at 26.5" and lots of fish on dries, including our first targeting of specific risers and first "match the hatch".

1 Bullshooters Breakfast, followed by trip to the rides as Stampede with the kids afterwards. Not sure if rides with kids after 3 screwdrivers is wise for a 47 yr old. Actually, I'm quite sure it isn't wise.

2 trips to the rodeo just above the chutes, and 1 chuckwagon race (through work, and yes, I do work).

1 Company Golf Tournament, which my team won (shot -9, should have been -12). Killed the ball off the tee!!

Evening drinks on the driveway with neighbors.

1 Gretchen Wilson, Big and Rich concert, with requisite consumption of alcohol.

Yahoo!! I love this town.

My last week in Calgary consisted of:

3 short trips on the Bow, I think 5 or 6 trout total, the smallest 16", and got to see my son hook his first true Bow River Bullet, that wrapped him around a rock and broke him off.

1 trip to a small creek with fish all day, biggest at 26.5" and lots of fish on dries, including our first targeting of specific risers and first "match the hatch".

1 Bullshooters Breakfast, followed by trip to the rides as Stampede with the kids afterwards. Not sure if rides with kids after 3 screwdrivers is wise for a 47 yr old. Actually, I'm quite sure it isn't wise.

2 trips to the rodeo just above the chutes, and 1 chuckwagon race (through work, and yes, I do work).

1 Company Golf Tournament, which my team won (shot -9, should have been -12). Killed the ball off the tee!!

Evening drinks on the driveway with neighbors.

1 Gretchen Wilson, Big and Rich concert, with requisite consumption of alcohol.

Yahoo!! I love this town.

Theres always room for a colorful character such as yourself Rickr. This town is lucky to have you. :P

Hey some day Calgary will reach 2 million (and with the oil boom quite soon…) and with the amount of growth in this city a lot more are enjoying it too.

It's a great city but the amount of crime seems to be going rampant at this moment. Blame it on the foreigners! :lol:

So a new week begins:

Sunday evening- rained off the bow. 3 strikes, 0 fish.

Monday morning-2nd cast hook up with something BIG. Makes a blistering downstream run, I get to the bank and catch up and coerce him into the quiet water. 5 minutes later, I think he's finally tiring, then gone. Never got a look as he stayed deep the whole time. Oh well, I think, plenty more where you came from. Uh, not so much. That was it for the morning.

Got on the stupid C-train smelling like Off. Realize I forgot my stupid computer in the car. Go back, get the computer, continue to work. Get to work and realize my stupid pants look like they'd been ironed with a rock because of my stupid waders.

I hate this stupid town. Until tomorrow anyway.....