Fly Fusion Forums

Private Fishing Lake Near Waterton?

woodfish

Hi everyone,

Xmas is upon us, and I'm still looking to get something for my flyfishing brother in law. I'm a ff addict, too.

He spoke with a guy down near Waterton/Pincher Creek way (I think) who has a private fishing lake. This really fired up my b.i.l., sounded like a great spot--or a neat experience, anyways.

Have any of you heard of this place, or one like it in SW Alberta? It would be a cool gift for him that he'd really appreciate. Not a fly-in adventure, just spring-fed with private access. It's not the same as that private club down around High River/Vulcan that I've heard rumours about.

Thanks in advance for any leads!!

Pete

PS Along the Xmas vein... Pretty much every flyfisherman I know is getting one of those Monomaster tippet/line collectors from me... I've been using it for a couple months, great little gadget.

Palmer ranch is a very cool place, but these trout can be really tough customers, so gauge your expectations accordingly...

There are some very large Rainbows to be found in these ponds. I like going too Palmer to get away too a very unique place, with peace and quiet, beautifull surroundings. Contact Brian Larsen and he'll set you up for a great experience.

Didn't they have some problem with the aeration of the water, or something like that... I heard many of the fish were killed because of some incompetent maintenance worker... at least I think...Or wait, maybe that was chief hector lake.. someone on here will be able to clarify..